- 582 Posts
(non-gmail) Email Sync Issues?
I'm setting up my mom's Note 2, and she's having trouble with her emails not syncing fast enough--even pressing the 'sync' button doesn't work. Emails show up literally hours after they were initially sent. She's using Yahoo and AOL instead of gmail (archaic, but she's stubborn about not switching over). Funny thing is, I created a gmail account for her a few years back and had all her messages forwarded; when I use the gmail app, her emails (from her AOL account) show up after pressing 'sync'. However, they still won't show up with the stock email app.
I went into settings, and couldn't find any sync frequency options, although it stated there would be some. Anyone else having issues with non-gmail email syncing? Is this a common problem with the stock email app--should I dl a different one in the Play store? It's imperative she receive emails in time, as they often involve prospective assignments as early as the next day.
- 05-06-2013, 03:49 PM #2
- 160 Posts
- Stock EL29
Re: (non-gmail) Email Sync Issues?
did you ever get this resolved? I'm about to set up the same thing on my mom-in-laws S2, who is also on AOL... My suggestion would be to set her up with gmail and have all her AOL forwarded to gmail...eventually i'd like to migrate her away from AOL.... I mean really? A.O.L ??? stilll?? hahahaha...~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GT-N8013 | JellyBean 4.1.2 |
- By itsanywhere in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 11Last Post: 02-19-2013, 07:28 AM
- By FrostyGTA in forum HTC EVO 3DReplies: 23Last Post: 07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
- By jed1894 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 0Last Post: 05-19-2011, 04:50 PM
- By map724 in forum Motorola Droid 2Replies: 1Last Post: 12-08-2010, 07:18 PM
- By Wrong way down one way in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:24 PM