Galaxy Note 2: How to turn off electronic lady's voice announcing incoming text messages??

ndilakuyanda

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a car mode, which is turned off. Galaxy s5' here, and it tells me who's calling in a stupid loud voice....I'd like that to stop. I've gone through the vision menus, no luck. Any other suggestions? Is it just part of the "intro" into visual voice mail which I have the free 30 days too.

Posted via Android Central App

Rajesh Natarajan

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
This is what worked for me...I have a Galaxy Note 2

1. Go to your Notification Pull-Down Menu
2. "Long Press" on "Hands-free mode" so that it opens up the option window for the same
3. Make sure that it is disabled
4. If it is disabled, then enable it and then "uncheck" all options (Incoming Call, Messages, Alarm, and Schedule) under this setting.
5. Disable the "Hands-free mode" again. For some weird reason, even if "Hands-free mode" is disabled and other options within are enabled, it still acts as "enabled!" :eek:

That should do it! Hope this works for you!

WEEBLE61

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok so it was driving me nuts - sometimes it would speak sometimes it wouldn't. I've fixed it now though. So I have the Note 4. A new feature on this is in text messaging,there's a favourites bar (I come from the note 2 to note 4 so not sure if this feature is available on other phones) Anyway...I enabled hands free, then long pressed on it. A box came up and I noticed Msgs from priority senders was ticked. I unticked it and bingo no more stupid voice. It also explained why it was only working sometimes!!

Hope this helps.

Paul Franz

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to turn off electronic lady's voice announcing incoming text messages??

Ah yes, that did the trick. Cancelling Driving mode had no effect. When this was on I could not bring my phone into work. they already go crazy if I forget to turn off phone ringing.

thank you for taking the time to post this help.

Peter Chapa

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to turn off electronic lady's voice announcing incoming text messages??

Either/or Pushbullet or Airdroid have just started automatically enabling talkbalk on my phone if I enable their notifications in "Services" under "Accessibilty" on my phone. This is even though I had Talkback uninstalled from my (rooted) phone and I have had both Pushbullet and Airdroid installed and running for several months previous to this with no problems. I tried reinstalling Talkbalk and disabling it and the phone still "talks back" if I enable notifications on these apps. I have no idea what started this, I haven't installed any new apps and though I've done a couple of updates they don't seem to be of the type that would cause this problem. Edit; Airdroid was updated the previous day but if it caused the problem it took about a day for the problem to appear.

Last edited:

MCG1

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 6 active. I had a voice telling me every 5 minutes to the time. She actually said it twice. I followed the below advice and it worked with the following edits.

Somehow I download a HD TTS British voice. This caused my Samsung text to speech to announce the time every 5 minutes. If i forced the Samsung text to Speech engine to close it still had the same problem. I had to download Denper's Add-ons Detector to find the add-on for the British voice. Once i found that, i could force stop it. Then i uninstalled the HD British TTS voice add-on. The phone still announced the time every 5 minutes, but now it was in an American accent. I opened the Samsung Text to Speech engine and force stopped it. Then I cleared cache and data. Also, remove the show notifications if you can.

This stopped the voice from announcing the time. Yahh!!!

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress