Note 2 Update 4.2.2.....doesn't look good

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
While I certainly can live without it that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have it. That said, I don't find the report credible, based on the reasons others have mentioned -- mainly that I can't believe Samsung would throw away the time and money they have likely already put into the update.

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. I'll be happy with what i got and if I get an update its a bonus. If I decide I want and update sooner I'll root

sent from viper's note 2 using tapatalk 4

Why do people argue the rooting alternative? Rooting is not a viable alternative. That's not what we want. We want a TouchWiz 4.2.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If they don't update our Note 2 to 4.2.2, Touch-Wiz UI 2.0 as well as all the new camera features, basically the S4 software on the Note 2. Samsung said they were working so hard on and had a delay in early June. That's why it's taking so long ect... If we don't get that update. Then Samsung is full of it. Why just throw all that work, hours, money, testing, ect.. Away.

I would rather get 4.2.2 now and wait until next year for 4.3, because if they do skip it. It was all a lie to start with and we would have to wait until next year for 4.3 anyway...

I'm already pissed Samsung has not rolled 4.2.2 out to us. There are allot of Android bug fixes and even more so allot of new Samsung features. The new S-voice, the new Camera feature's, the new UI.

4.2.2 should have been rolled out months ago. If we don't get the update before Samsung releases the Note 3 as I said in my other posts. I'm done with Samsung. And as I said before Samsung needs to roll out 4.2.2 just to give us an update within a year. We started on Android 4.1 Samsung should at least bring us up to 4.2 before the Note 3 is released. Then at the beginning of next year Samsung can roll out 4.3 to our device.

Samsung needs to stop pushing updates to the side because the next version of there device is coming out. Samsung doesn't care about return customer's at all, at least that's how they make it seem. Just when it started to look like Samsung was going to start upgrading there device's. Samsung pulls this and if Samsung isn't going to update the Note 2 before the Note 3 is released. My next device is most likely going to be LG, Motorola or HTC. I have a while before I need a new device so I can make sure my next phone will be checking things out for a while.

I hope I don't have to give Samsung up. I just hate being let down all the time, the Note 2 is a great device. But Samsung doesn't understand how important it is to update there best device with at least one great update before the new version comes out.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The att htc one x got jelly bean March 13. Verizon and att s3 got jelly bean late in 2012. The Thunderbolt got ICS this year I believe, compared to the att s2 which got ics mid last year.

The grass is always greener...
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Headline on Android Central's website.....Galaxy Note 2 to skip Android 4.2, go straight to 'newer version,' says Aussie carrier

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
As sad as it is. ..we all know this won't stop many of us from buying the next Gen notes...they are just too much of a solid phone

Sent from my Note 2

Couldn't agree more...and everyone is complaining ....smh..please check the percentage of devices on 4.1.2..... now after u have done that...stop crying. Enjoy the phone u have...its been said before and I'll repeat it..if updates is your #1 priority buy a nexus. ..u have a phone packed with tons more features than vanilla offers ...so use it for what it is and be happy!!! Again just my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more...and everyone is complaining ....smh..please check the percentage of devices on 4.1.2..... now after u have done that...stop crying. Enjoy the phone u have...its been said before and I'll repeat it..if updates is your #1 priority buy a nexus. ..u have a phone packed with tons more features than vanilla offers ...so use it for what it is and be happy!!! Again just my opinion.

It's been said before and I'll repeat it... updates are necessary when you experience bugs introduced by Samsung. Google "note 2 WiFi issue" and see just how many people experience bad WiFi since 4.1.2. Being stuck on 4.1.2 unless you root isn't fun.

This mentality that we have to accept everything is ridiculous. Why do we have to bend over for these rich companies? They should be providing a service. One update a year doesn't cut it when security hole and bugs just pile up instead of being fixed.

Security issues and bugs should get updates. One update a year should be left for new features.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been said before and I'll repeat it... updates are necessary when you experience bugs introduced by Samsung. Google "note 2 WiFi issue" and see just how many people experience bad WiFi since 4.1.2. Being stuck on 4.1.2 unless you root isn't fun.

This mentality that we have to accept everything is ridiculous. Why do we have to bend over for these rich companies? They should be providing a service. One update a year doesn't cut it when security hole and bugs just pile up instead of being fixed.

Security issues and bugs should get updates. One update a year should be left for new features.

Now my friend you make 100% sense.. security fixes and bugs should be updated asap...I will agree all the way with that..
But to those complaining just because they wan 4.2.2 ...smh to me .Again I.m.o its silly.. there isn't that much of a difference to say ...oh samsung is horrible... another I seen "im done with the note" ....smh .....what? Really?

But the security and bugs should be fixed...but that doesn't have to be done by 4.2.2 or 4.3 .... people are tooo caught up in the hype

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you have bad Wi-Fi, that's what warranty is for... a lot of ppl miscommunicate bad Wi-Fi for the carrier bloatware smart Wi-Fi crap anyway...

If we skip 4.2..... oh la dee effing da. We'll get the features when we upgrade to key lime.... And if you are that impatient, go root. It doesn't hurt my feelings

At least it's not like the other phones that have stopped updates.... "oh but I think my phone deserves android 17.2, tiramisu"
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Chris Flowers

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site

^^ THIS.

Samsung officially acknowledged the accessibility issue that renders some of the more 'unique' apps on the Play Store such as LED flow for example, almost useless as the TalkBack bug kicks in when apps require accessibility priveliges.

That acknowledgement was months ago now. Why they couldn't release incremental updates to address bugs is beyond me.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm annoyed at them. Coming from iPhone,, we always got updates. Regardless... This is just bleh , not making me happy lol not sweating it but it may be what will stop me from ferreting s new Samsung.
I get new phones not because of updates but basically because I like what's under the hoodc etc.
I am not going back to iPhone but Samsung leaves us high and dry... I may just not burger again. Im sure they won't miss me lol:D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

alamarco

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Apparently you didn't Google the WiFi bug. It's a known issue whether you like it or not. Depending on the circumstances you either have to root and install the 4.1.1 WiFi drivers or go into the dial menu (not normal settings) and turn off the power saving mode every reboot.

Again, it's a known bug. It needs to be fixed, but we don't get small updates to fix these sort of bugs. That's pathetic on Samsung's part. They don't fix bugs as they are too concerned about new devices.

It's not the only bug either. Clipboard bug anyone? Can Google that too, though I'm sure if you've never experienced it on your device you'll just go to the warranty line...

Samsung makes good phones, but their support is abysmal.

MercuryStar

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
That said, I don't find the report credible,

I don't think there even is a report (that originates from Samsung), is there? It's all just speculation and rumors.

Even the original article refers to it as a rumor.

And you know these things work - one source reports on the rumour then before you know it a handful of other sources are running with the same story. Don't get me started on how clueless Australian carriers are about handsets or firmware - they are at the mercy of Samsung too.