DIY Nightmare: What did I do to my screen?

Expressman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone.

So I'm in a foreign country for an extended period of time. My wife and I both have Note 2's. Mine stopped taking a charge so, lacking options, I took it apart and put it back together again, and decided to order a new USB chip.

When the chip arrived I replaced it, but in the process of separating the plastic body I'm afraid I pulled the glass up a little (I think, I'm not sure). For whatever reason it took a little more violence to get it open that second time. I replaced the USB chip and put it back together. Plugged it in, saw the powered-off-charging indicator. I took a victory lap.

An hour or so later I boot it, and notice the screen is awash in pinks and grays and dark cloudy patches. I reboot it, only to see the same symptoms worse. I let it sit until the next morning, black screen. Thinking I must have upset a cable on the main board, I took it completely apart, checked all the cable connections, and reassembled it. Same black screen. I can hear the phone powering up and working but the screen is just dead.

What did I do? How can I fix it? Tell me I don't have to order a digitizer!

FTY unrelated, but that night my wife's Note was stolen. It's been a bad week. :'(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buchenzo