Knowing everything you know now, would you have waited for the S4 instead of the N2

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Here is my dilemma, and it is a good one to have.

I have an upgrade I have been holding onto for quite sometime. I am *pretty* sure I am going either Note 3, Honami or G2. Note 3 is the front runner sorta

My hold up would be going with the Note 3 and then having the SGS5 come out with something just over the top. I do know that you cannot keep waiting for the next big thing because all you will do is wait but most of you have been in this situation so I figured I would ask.

Do you regret not waiting for the SGS4 before buying the Note 2 or are you not missing out on anything?

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Here is my dilemma, and it is a good one to have.

I have an upgrade I have been holding onto for quite sometime. I am *pretty* sure I am going either Note 3, Honami or G2. Note 3 is the front runner sorta

My hold up would be going with the Note 3 and then having the SGS5 come out with something just over the top. I do know that you cannot keep waiting for the next big thing because all you will do is wait but most of you have been in this situation so I figured I would ask.

Do you regret not waiting for the SGS4 before buying the Note 2 or are you not missing out on anything?

Personally feel the Note 2 remains a top tier phone and depending on what you use your phone for can still be considered the most preferred one out there for some. I have both and tend to use my Note 2 most.

Also, the Note 3 is rumored to be coming out at 5.7 inch and I do not wish to go any bigger than the size of my Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Nope. The S4 was already out when I got my Note 2 in June. No regrets. Fantastic device, no complaints from me. I'd do again.

Sent via Note II

zeuswsu

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I bought my note 2 the week after watching the s4 announcement. Now I can't really think of anything I'm missing that the s4 has. I think it comes down to how important the screen size or Spen are for you. I don't really use the Spen but after using the note the S4 looks tiny and I wouldn't be happy with it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Note 2 is a great device and I'm sure the note 3 is gonna be that much better. Buy when you have the upgrade available unless your within a month or 2 of a new phone. I'm sure you will be happy with the note 3.

bigkid666999

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation. For me the screen is central component of any smartphone. My HTC One X+ had the screen available, but I wanted a screen that good or better, but in a bigger size. I bought a Note 2 for its screen size, removable battery and micro SD card slot, but I must confess in daylight and when the sun is shining the AMOLED screen sucks some major ***.
So I'm going to wait till I can test drive an Xperia Z Ultra, which may have the best screen available, as well as the CPU horsepower to drive it (Snapdragon 800).
What's more HTC is rumored to be cooking up a phablet, and if there'll be a Google edition of that, it could be my first choice.
Of course, the Note 3 will also be a contender, though it will come with another AMOLED screen. I don't think I could take that.
Anyways that's my perspective. I hope it was of some use to you.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
No way.

The Note 2 is still a better phone then the S4. Anyone that owns the Note 2 knows this.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it would suck if the Note 3 has a Pentile AMOLED display.

Right now the Note 2 has one of, if not the best display on a phone. It's not about ppi , if you look into it you will understand that. It's the reason the S3 has a smaller display and the same resolution yet the Note 2 has a bigger display the same resolution and the Note 2 has a amazing display. A display that stands up to the S4's.

I can't wait to see what display type the Note 3 has. If it's pentile that would be very bad. Second best would be Super LCD. Let's just hope..

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Heck no! With the lagging issues on the S4... no thanks
I wanted all the features in the Note2. If I didn't would had chosen S3

sent from my amazing Note2

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I got mines after I went in store and saw the S4. I'm happy with my Note 2!

~Jae, tap'n on my Sexy White Galaxy Note 2~

Onemoa

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
No. The Note 2 is the better device. Why would anyone get an S4 when you could get the Note 2.

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my Note 2. About the only thing I would trade it in for would be a Note 8.0 that could make phone calls.

totallygone

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It really is according to what you want to use your gadget for. For me, the note2 is like a mini tablet and a phone. The best part is that it also has the Spen......a major reason I bought the note 2. Large screen for reading documents and awesome battery life. It is perfect.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
No, but to be fair the Note II was the form factor I had been wanting for since before the phone came to existence. E.g., large screen, good battery, pen, capacitive screen, multitasking, replaceable batteries.

I really wanted the Note but it had too many issues. Those where resolved with the Note II.

shief24

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
This is my first post with my note 2. It is amazing. I loved the HTC one but found it kind of boring. The note 2s battery life lasts all day and the spen is a wonderful addition to the functionality of the phone. The s4 is a good phone but the note two is a step above it.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm actually more sure than ever I did the right thing by not waiting for the S4, which my wife has since gotten. The screen size is ideal on the Note 2. The S4 just strikes me as too small. (For that matter, I almost laugh when I see iPhones now, they look so tiny -- "Hey, man, how's 2008 doing?")

SAFE58

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Not at all! Actually I got my Note 2, three weeks after S4 was released. It's the best decision I have ever made. Having used GS3 for sometime, there were just a few improvements GS4 came with, and I decided to go the Note 2 way and won't regret ever. Actually, I look forward to seeing note 4 as I'm surely skipping note 3. I'm happy with my note 2!!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez