1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How can I get all my Folders in Email?

I use the Email app on my GN2 to look at all my different email accounts. My problem is, online, I have many different Email folders on my accounts so I can sort and keep some emails and delete others. I use it to download my accounts from GMail, RoadRunner(Brighthouse/Time Warner), and Hotmail. I get the primary folders but not any of the subfolders on my phone. If I move my emails to any of the subfolders I can no longer read it on my phone.

How can I get those folders to show up in the accounts? Or, is there another app I need to get that will replace the original Email app that will give me that option?

Thank You in advance.
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

Default Re: How can I get all my Folders in Email?

What do you mean by sub folders? I have outlook accounts, and can only create folders. No sub folders.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well, we'll use my RoadRunner account for example. I created additional folders on my email account so that I can sort different emails into different accounts to save and hold for future reference. I have one called Baseball that I keep all the correspondence for my son's Little League in. Gardening, that I keep information about my planting schedule and other email groups. Hold: that I keep emails that I want to keep.

These are all folders I created along with the ones that came originally with the account. They are all Top Level folders and not folders within folders but, when I created the email sync using the email accounts program on the Note 2, all I get under that account are: Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent, Trash. Non of the other folders I created are seen and if I move one of the emails from the inbox into one of the other folders, I cannot read it or retrieve it.

OK, while I was typing this I did an experiment. It appears that it must just be a Road Runner issue.

I created a new folder in my Hotmail account and my Gmail account and resynced both and the new folder appeared. I also noticed now that the RoadRunner account does not give me the option to create a new folder either as the other two accounts do. I don't remember but I do believe they are all POP3 accounts when I created them. I don't know why the setups would be any different one from the other.

So, now I guess the question is: How do I get my other folders to appear in my Roadrunner account like they do with my Gmail and Hotmail accounts?
    Thanks

JTMcD.
    We sleep Peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm............George Orwell
    The object of life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy S@!t, What a Ride!!! -- Mavis Leyrer
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

300 views and nobody?

Could this just be an issue with RoadRunner?
    Thanks

JTMcD.

Global Posts
    759 Global Posts

I am going to say it's something with roadrunner.
    Setting up folders has never been a issue for me. But I only use Outlook and Gmail.
    It could just be the roadrunner servers not cooperating with the sync.... Not too sure.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well, that bites. I use RR more than the other Email servers for my primary email services. I guess I should switch over to my Hotmail/Outlook as primary since it's the one I've had for the longest and save the others for the Spam and ancillary stuff.
    Thanks

JTMcD.

I had the same issue and the following solution worked with me:

- Delete the POP3 account.
    - Create IMAP account.

IMAP account shows all folders without need to do anything.

That is it.

Thumbs up Re: How can I get all my Folders in Email?

Quote Originally Posted by ahmadwadan View Post
    I had the same issue and the following solution worked with me:

- Delete the POP3 account.
    - Create IMAP account.

IMAP account shows all folders without need to do anything.

That is it.

That worked awesome so easy,
    Thanks so much

Actually didn't even need to delete POP3 just went into set up account and it asked me which one I wanted and it created it and replaced it with IMAP on my S4
    Thanks again for info