I use the Email app on my GN2 to look at all my different email accounts. My problem is, online, I have many different Email folders on my accounts so I can sort and keep some emails and delete others. I use it to download my accounts from GMail, RoadRunner(Brighthouse/Time Warner), and Hotmail. I get the primary folders but not any of the subfolders on my phone. If I move my emails to any of the subfolders I can no longer read it on my phone.

How can I get those folders to show up in the accounts? Or, is there another app I need to get that will replace the original Email app that will give me that option?

Thank You in advance.
    08-19-2013 09:06 PM
    What do you mean by sub folders? I have outlook accounts, and can only create folders. No sub folders.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    08-20-2013 07:11 AM
    Well, we'll use my RoadRunner account for example. I created additional folders on my email account so that I can sort different emails into different accounts to save and hold for future reference. I have one called Baseball that I keep all the correspondence for my son's Little League in. Gardening, that I keep information about my planting schedule and other email groups. Hold: that I keep emails that I want to keep.

These are all folders I created along with the ones that came originally with the account. They are all Top Level folders and not folders within folders but, when I created the email sync using the email accounts program on the Note 2, all I get under that account are: Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent, Trash. Non of the other folders I created are seen and if I move one of the emails from the inbox into one of the other folders, I cannot read it or retrieve it.

OK, while I was typing this I did an experiment. It appears that it must just be a Road Runner issue.

I created a new folder in my Hotmail account and my Gmail account and resynced both and the new folder appeared. I also noticed now that the RoadRunner account does not give me the option to create a new folder either as the other two accounts do. I don't remember but I do believe they are all POP3 accounts when I created them. I don't know why the setups would be any different one from the other.

So, now I guess the question is: How do I get my other folders to appear in my Roadrunner account like they do with my Gmail and Hotmail accounts?
    08-20-2013 07:50 AM
    300 views and nobody?

Could this just be an issue with RoadRunner?
    08-20-2013 10:25 PM
    I am going to say it's something with roadrunner.
    Setting up folders has never been a issue for me. But I only use Outlook and Gmail.
    It could just be the roadrunner servers not cooperating with the sync.... Not too sure.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!
    08-21-2013 06:58 AM
    Well, that bites. I use RR more than the other Email servers for my primary email services. I guess I should switch over to my Hotmail/Outlook as primary since it's the one I've had for the longest and save the others for the Spam and ancillary stuff.
    08-21-2013 10:15 PM
    I had the same issue and the following solution worked with me:

- Delete the POP3 account.
    - Create IMAP account.

IMAP account shows all folders without need to do anything.

That is it.

That worked awesome so easy,
    Thanks so much
    03-02-2014 05:57 PM
    Actually didn't even need to delete POP3 just went into set up account and it asked me which one I wanted and it created it and replaced it with IMAP on my S4
    Thanks again for info
    03-02-2014 06:02 PM
    It is not just your problem. We are talking about the built in Email app in Android, right? I use 3 ACCTS, all IMAP, and it only shows my Inbox for each. This is useless to me, as I archive my messages immediately in hundreds of folders and sub folders and ... Which I can't see with this app! Perhaps there is an icon I have yet to locate? Otherwise this app is just a toy and/or a cruel joke.
    07-05-2014 11:18 AM
    My folders are on my Nexus 5 hotmail account, but they are empty. I resent a couple of emails from a folder to myself via my computer and then moved them to a folder and they appeared on my phone. Do I have to resend everything from the folders back to myself? Sounds onerous!
    09-09-2014 06:33 PM
    I had a similar problem to this thread. I have a samsung tablet and when I viewed my emails which are on a bt yahoo account I couldn't see my email folders. This was somewhat annoying at the time as I was abroad and didn"t have access to my PC and in the end I gave up finding a solution despite reading the above. However, the other day I was in my gmail/google+ account, which I rarely use, and I noticed there was an option to add another account. I added my yahoo email accounts so now all three of my email accounts are 'linked' and when I view them through this I can see all my folders again while on the tablet. I use the gmail icon and not the email icon. Not an ideal solution but it appears to work for me.
    11-14-2014 02:12 PM
    Thanks for this solution, it worked to bring back my folders on my Galaxy Note 2. Have a great day.
    11-21-2014 11:27 AM
    Mine was fixed today by deleting my sbcglobal email app and adding Yahoo Mail app on my phone . I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and deleted the sbcglobal email application. Now I can see all my sub folders that I could previously only view on my MAC laptop and desktop. According to the MAC helpdesk the problem was caused because sbcglobal email is physically on a Yahoo platform,
    09-14-2016 04:48 PM