How can I get all my Folders in Email?

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I use the Email app on my GN2 to look at all my different email accounts. My problem is, online, I have many different Email folders on my accounts so I can sort and keep some emails and delete others. I use it to download my accounts from GMail, RoadRunner(Brighthouse/Time Warner), and Hotmail. I get the primary folders but not any of the subfolders on my phone. If I move my emails to any of the subfolders I can no longer read it on my phone.

How can I get those folders to show up in the accounts? Or, is there another app I need to get that will replace the original Email app that will give me that option?

Thank You in advance.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by sub folders? I have outlook accounts, and can only create folders. No sub folders.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, we'll use my RoadRunner account for example. I created additional folders on my email account so that I can sort different emails into different accounts to save and hold for future reference. I have one called Baseball that I keep all the correspondence for my son's Little League in. Gardening, that I keep information about my planting schedule and other email groups. Hold: that I keep emails that I want to keep.

These are all folders I created along with the ones that came originally with the account. They are all Top Level folders and not folders within folders but, when I created the email sync using the email accounts program on the Note 2, all I get under that account are: Inbox, Drafts, Outbox, Sent, Trash. Non of the other folders I created are seen and if I move one of the emails from the inbox into one of the other folders, I cannot read it or retrieve it.

OK, while I was typing this I did an experiment. It appears that it must just be a Road Runner issue.

I created a new folder in my Hotmail account and my Gmail account and resynced both and the new folder appeared. I also noticed now that the RoadRunner account does not give me the option to create a new folder either as the other two accounts do. I don't remember but I do believe they are all POP3 accounts when I created them. I don't know why the setups would be any different one from the other.

So, now I guess the question is: How do I get my other folders to appear in my Roadrunner account like they do with my Gmail and Hotmail accounts?

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I am going to say it's something with roadrunner.
Setting up folders has never been a issue for me. But I only use Outlook and Gmail.
It could just be the roadrunner servers not cooperating with the sync.... Not too sure.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 2!

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, that bites. I use RR more than the other Email servers for my primary email services. I guess I should switch over to my Hotmail/Outlook as primary since it's the one I've had for the longest and save the others for the Spam and ancillary stuff.

hydrovac1

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Actually didn't even need to delete POP3 just went into set up account and it asked me which one I wanted and it created it and replaced it with IMAP on my S4
Thanks again for info:)

JHBrewer

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
It is not just your problem. We are talking about the built in Email app in Android, right? I use 3 ACCTS, all IMAP, and it only shows my Inbox for each. This is useless to me, as I archive my messages immediately in hundreds of folders and sub folders and ... Which I can't see with this app! Perhaps there is an icon I have yet to locate? Otherwise this app is just a toy and/or a cruel joke.

Carol Christie

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
My folders are on my Nexus 5 hotmail account, but they are empty. I resent a couple of emails from a folder to myself via my computer and then moved them to a folder and they appeared on my phone. Do I have to resend everything from the folders back to myself? Sounds onerous!

Trevor Barrett

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar problem to this thread. I have a samsung tablet and when I viewed my emails which are on a bt yahoo account I couldn't see my email folders. This was somewhat annoying at the time as I was abroad and didn"t have access to my PC and in the end I gave up finding a solution despite reading the above. However, the other day I was in my gmail/google+ account, which I rarely use, and I noticed there was an option to add another account. I added my yahoo email accounts so now all three of my email accounts are 'linked' and when I view them through this I can see all my folders again while on the tablet. I use the gmail icon and not the email icon. Not an ideal solution but it appears to work for me.

boomer12

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Mine was fixed today by deleting my sbcglobal email app and adding Yahoo Mail app on my phone . I downloaded the Yahoo Mail app on my Samsung Galaxy S3 and deleted the sbcglobal email application. Now I can see all my sub folders that I could previously only view on my MAC laptop and desktop. According to the MAC helpdesk the problem was caused because sbcglobal email is physically on a Yahoo platform,

May 1, 2017
Visit site
I was reading this as I'm having the same issue and thought of something (work around, not a fix);

Change the rule for your folders on your computer to put a copy in sub-folders only. That leaves them in main inbox and it's not the most tidy format but maybe we should rethink our inbox viewing to compensate. Hope that is useful.

skiotter

Dec 18, 2017
Visit site
I just got a Note 8 and the sub folders that I use to organize my work emails were nowhere to be found. I went through every setting but no luck. I tried some of the other email apps that were recommended here and at other help sites. In the end, the only one that worked to show my sub folders was the Microsoft Outlook app. No settings to hunt for. It just worked. I was about to return my Note 8 before I found that this app solved my problem. Too bad Samsung can't fix there default app!

wlgerber

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Note 8 and use the built in email app and I have all my folders and subfolders showing. My issue is that the junk folder will only go back 2 weeks even though I have it set as no limit. I try to check my junk folder every few days but sometimes I don't get to it and important emails do go to junk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii