How do you change the settings for music to be saved to SD card?

AnneeeBeee

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
[i am wracking my brain trying to figure out how to change settings to store my music on SD card instead of internal memory . I'm flabbergasted..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean for Google Play Music? I don't think it's possible. If you're talking about your own music tracks in your Play Music library, it's probably easier to download the tracks you want directly to your desktop, then copy those tracks directly to your microSD card.

timoto88

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all for your replies.... but this all seems completely the wrong way around.
Lets look at this simply:
- My phone's internal memory is 4GB - so it is logical that I'd like to store very memory hungry hundreds of tracks on the much bigger SD card
- I also use Windows Media Player on my Win7 pc
- I'd like the two to be synced i.e. the same music on both locations.
Sounds entirely reasonable, yes ?

However, despite being able to move/copy music onto the SD card, each an every time I try syncing using Kies, GUESS WHAT ? All the tracks are duplicated.

So, lets return to the original person's question: How can we change the default settings for our mobile android device to store music by default to the SD Card (and so that syncing points there too and doesn't duplicate tracks by pulling a copy into the default phone media folder !).

This is not unreasonable. Anyone could have anticipated that hundred's of thousands of pretty normal users would want to do such things (without having to spend hours, literally, tidying up what should be an avoidable mess created by Google &/or Samsung).

Anyone any ideas how this can be achieved (in a way that is fluid, easy to reproduce and use on a daily basis i.e. through Kies Syncing) ?

Many thanks,
Tim

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty