Foxfi has prevented me from reverting to No Screen Lock

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
installed foxfi and accepted credential. hotspot works. removed Foxfi credential and uninstalled Foxfi. Rebooted, cleared cache.

Now I can't get rid of the pattern lock! I can't choose "None" under screen lock.

Under Screen lock, Swipe, Face unlock, Face and Voice, and None are grayed out with "turned off by admin, encryption policy or credential storage.

I checked existing credentials and they exactly match my wife's phone.

fixed

Last edited:

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
NM. I got it fixed. was afraid to clear all credentials but that did the trick. now all Lock Screen options are available and I'm set to None as is my preference.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem as you from loading foxfi back on my phone to see if it worked. I posted this farther down the Verizon Note 2 page. I had to do the same as you from a post someone put online. Glad i didn't need a factory reset!

S Sullivan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Foxfi has prevented me from reverting to No Screen Lock on Galaxy Note 3

I have done the clear credential move, but there is still no option for no screen lock. I also tried entering a bad password a dozen times and it never directed me to a lost password function. Any ideas? Screen lock is annoying as hell!

DWooderson

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm curious whether those of you who don't use a screen lock are concerned about security.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I'm curious whether those of you who don't use a screen lock are concerned about security.
Not me. My phone is always with me, it's heavy enough to know if it's in my pocket when I'm out and about. I'm very conscious of where my phone is when I am not at home. I NEVER set it down in a store or elsewhere, even for a few seconds, on the off chance I have a memory lapse and walk away from it. Good procedures make for extra safety...

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Not me. My phone is always with me, it's heavy enough to know if it's in my pocket when I'm out and about. I'm very conscious of where my phone is when I am not at home. I NEVER set it down in a store or elsewhere, even for a few seconds, on the off chance I have a memory lapse and walk away from it. Good procedures make for extra safety...

I'm the same way with my devices, but I still set a PIN lock on them (locks after 10 minutes of inactivity or by pressing the power key) to prevent unauthorized access by anyone should I lose it or just from some nosy family members. One time when I went to visit my mother and sister for a few days, my tween nephew decided to take it upon himself to pick up my phone without asking while I was in the kitchen (left it on the living room end table). I found him looking at it with frustration and asked why he couldn't get into it. Without that PIN lock, who knows what he could've done with the phone? Installed apps, sent e-mail or texts or messed up the device settings, even done a master factory reset? No thanks! :mad: Only time anyone is allowed to use my devices is with my explicit consent and supervision!

gvlakers

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
NM. I got it fixed. was afraid to clear all credentials but that did the trick. now all Lock Screen options are available and I'm set to None as is my preference.

Ok I was able to clear the password, but now when I re-launch FoxFi it prompts me to install the certificate and enable a password again. What the heck kinda work around is this? I mean I guess it at least allows us to use MobileHotspot, but not a convenient way to use it if you don't like having the password enabled and have to re-do it each time to use the Foxfi app

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok I was able to clear the password, but now when I re-launch FoxFi it prompts me to install the certificate and enable a password again. What the heck kinda work around is this? I mean I guess it at least allows us to use MobileHotspot, but not a convenient way to use it if you don't like having the password enabled and have to re-do it each time to use the Foxfi app

Go back and re-read my first post. I had UNINSTALLED FOXFI...