I can't all screen lock said "Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storage"

Cena Bale

Sep 28, 2018
Visit site
I can't all screen lock said "Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storage"

Settings>More>Security>Clear credentials
Still don't work :(
https://ibb.co/bZQ3u9
Help me please

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't all screen lock said "Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storag

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the phone with a work account? If so, that can modify your security such that you're not allowed to go without a password/PIN. Also, if you manually encrypted the phone yourself, that requires a password/PIN for the screen lock.

UltraSpark

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
Re: I can't all screen lock said "Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storag

What is encrypting? My tab also says "Turned off by administrator encryption policy or credential storage". and how do I cancel encrypting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This usually means that some app or account requires high security on the phone, and doesn't allow what would be considered as less secure screen lock methods. Are you using the phone for work?