Just got my Note 3 and thinking about Root...

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi folks,

I just picked up my Note 3 the other day and as much as I'm loving the device, the Samsung bloatware is really getting to me.
I transitioned from a Nexus 4 which, as I'm sure many of you know, is Android in it's "true" and cleanest form.
I've never rooted a device before and I know very little about it.
However, it seems it's a fairly simple task and from what I can gather it also seems to be the only true way to get rid of the unnecessary bloatware.
Basically I'm looking for feedback, suggestions, personal experience, anything of that sort.

Cheers!

aelaan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you using it pure for private use? First and foremost, the moment you root the device your warranty is void (knox will be tripped, triangle away might not work on the SM-N900W8). So now that I scared you there are some good areas in Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - xda-developers but please be VERY aware that you are having the model number seen above and that there are various different types out there that will in fact brick (meaning - unrecoverable, dead phone) the device if you flash the wrong rom onto it. I would first enjoy the phone until you are certain that you want to get rid of the software from Samsung. I kinda like the FlipBoard, the Samsung app store sometimes has good deals etc. I know there is junk on the phone, I just leave it plus the fact that I am not able to trip it as it is on a corporate plan and tripping knox might also mean that my BES10 secure work space no longer works... I just enjoy some software too much to really mock with it, which by the way is totally different for my SM-P600 that I rooted right out of the box (sort of regret that lately...).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez