Looking to install an custom ROM on my GSM Note 3

cbialob1

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to the processes of rooting or installing a ROM on my phone. Any tips on a stable ROM I could install for my first time?

Thanks in Advance.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
First off you need to root your device in order to install a ROM. After that, I would make a Nandroid backup in case something doesn't go quite right, then I would flash your ROM.

GalaxyNote3Root.com - Learn How to Root Galaxy Note 3!

Check this out: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...00292-guide-how-use-your-custom-recovery.html

Edit: I hit post too soon. Read over the rooting instructions several times. Any questions, I can try to help as much as I can. (Flashing ROMs has changed a little since I had my S3)

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I've run a couple of different ROMs on my Note 3. IMO, none are easy to do in the way that a Nexus device is easy.

I've stuck with Touchwiz based ROMs for the S Pen support mostly. The main hassle with Touchwiz ROMs is keeping up with the official firmware update tweaks to work with the latest ROMs. Where I've been rooted and ROMmed since 2013, this usually means flashing the latest stock factory ROM and bootloader bits via ODIN. Re-rooting the phone, Flashing the latest Recovery (TWRP or CWM)--more ODIN. And then the chosen ROM which might be via recovery or OdIn depending on the ROM.

Effortless ROM should work pretty well for you if you want a Touchwiz based ROM and is what I'm running for my Tmobile phone. It has a very good install guide for a beginner. ★ |[ROM]| EffortLess ROM | REV 8 | N90… | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | XDA Forums

If you go with Cyanogen, you can get some of the S-Pen function with this procedure. Spen features on AOSP roms! | T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | XDA Forums

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First I would ask what you want in a ROM that you don't get in the stock one. There's no reason to just flash a ROM. It's like having your car painted when the current paint job is fine.

Most of what most people want a ROM for they can get with a launcher, a theme and some wallpaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1aas