FYI...verizon ship date for preorders 10/10/13

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Dang, that sucks.

Hopefully your FedEx driver will like you're "form" but I've read on other forums that sometimes drivers just don't do it.

Good luck!

Our FedEx driver is usually the same guy - and he's pretty good with leaving packages out of sight, so hopefully I'll be good. Otherwise, what's another day? Haha.

I've also called FedEx before and I've had them put notes on packages previously - I just wish my address would register with their Delivery Manager so I could authorize release online. Eh, either way, this phone is going to rock! Let's hope VZW ships it out early!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That form may work. Another option is to call Fed Ex once you get tracking from Verizon and have them hold it at your local Fed Ex hub. Don't forget if delivering to a residence Verizon does in fact require a signature so that form may work since its a waiver otherwise you will get it another day later.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Just hope you don't have a shady FedEx delivery person who can just take the form and keep the package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
That is odd given a Saturday, and yet they bumped it off the main page for that apple crap phone, and they seem to be able to meet that launch date.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
That is odd given a Saturday, and yet they bumped it off the main page for that apple crap phone, and they seem to be able to meet that launch date.
Noticed that as well. Also, I just received an email notifying me about the new iPhone, but didn't receive anything at all about the Note 3.

JB802

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Fantastic to know! Now I'm really crossing my fingers they ship to arrive on the 10th at the latest. I'd really love to use it on my trip over the weekend!

My experience has been FedEx has to deliver it to a person and they won't hold it until they've failed to deliver it once... Verizon makes the rules, if used to drive me nuts because FedEx could never find my house so it was always an extra day delivery.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I checked my order again today, says shipping on 10/10 which is odd since the release date is 10/10 so wouldn't it ship on 10/8 but now their website says 10/12. Is that due to how well its selling or IS IT because of the iphone and that apple demands a blackout windows on phone launches. I smell rotten apples.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I checked my order again today, says shipping on 10/10 which is odd since the release date is 10/10 so wouldn't it ship on 10/8 but now their website says 10/12. Is that due to how well its selling or IS IT because of the iphone and that apple demands a blackout windows on phone launches. I smell rotten apples.

Let's hope our pre-orders actually arrive before/same time as the in-store ones. Imagine how much it would suck to get it after. :)

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You can leave a note and FedEx WILL leave it no problems at all. As any Verizon shipment only requires an indirect signature so a note or letter on the front door with your signature is fine.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Since the Verizon site now says 10/12 as the ship/arrival date I decided to inquire with the ever helpful customer service via chat. What I took away from it perhaps will be of interest and an observation. It would seem that Verizon had a specific amount for the pre-orders and it would also seem that the initial orders were pretty quickly gobbled up so subsequent orders are being shipped out a bit later, which is the 10/12 date. So I was told that if my order info said 10/10 (which it did as a day 1 pre-order customer) I was told my date would hold and those who are ordering now are getting the revised date.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
i went to a verizon store a couple of days ago, and was told if i pre-order, that i can receive it on 10/10. but i would rather wait and get it in the store, since the wife and i can not afford to have it shipped, since the wife and i work full time, and go to school full time, with different hours. even if they sold out and have to wait for a different batch to come in, i can wait since i get to see how the phone livs up to the hype before i really go and get it.

iggyhusband

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I preordered my note 3 in black in the Verizon store this past Saturday and was quoted a 10/12 delivery date. The Verizon rep said I was the second one to preorder that particular phone; thought itwould be more. They also had a clipboard for the iPhone 5c preorders with only one name on it. Not sure if people aren't preordering any phones because I would think that a lot more would. Anyway, can't wait to get that Note 3!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty