Camera and speaker: Two important factors in my potential purchase

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone has any information regarding the speaker and camera quality. I've seen phones with speakers on the back, and to me that is just a dumb placement. I've seen a large gallery of images of the N3, and yet I can't seem to find the speaker anywhere. Is it the earpiece now? If so, that's okay, the question is does it sound good?

Second, a good camera is very important to me, and higher megapixels do not make a good camera. It's all in the optics. My HTC One has a phenomenal camera, able to shoot something like 8 pics a second. How is the image quality from the Note 3? Does it do okay in low-light? Do we know that yet? I know people have gotten to play around with one, so hopefully we know these things. They make a difference in whether I'm going to move from what I have, to this, because it looks terrific and I already want a larger screen.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
If those two features are important to you, then you should wait for the One Max.

I'm in Canada, we aren't getting it. Sorry, I should have specified, that's my fault. :p

On top of that, even if we were, it's a 1080i screen and not 1080p. Definitely not interested in that.

john248

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
In the photos I've seen, the speaker is on the bottom of the phone in the bezel. So generally you have the bottom/bezel facing you when you have the phone in your hands or placed down on a surface. How good the speaker is, well you'll have to either rely on reviews or wait til October to play with it in stores.

If you have the phone upright or in some type of docking station or held upwards in your hands, the speaker will fire the sound downwards.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
So it's basically where the iPhone's was? Well, Samsung's getting better at placement, but they still haven't realized that front facing is the best way to go about it... Still, bottom is acceptable, so that's good. Thanks.

As for the quality, eh, I was hoping someone had gotten to see one already. I may be jumping the gun a little though, lol. Tech excitement :p

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm in Canada, we aren't getting it. Sorry, I should have specified, that's my fault. :p

On top of that, even if we were, it's a 1080i screen and not 1080p. Definitely not interested in that.

The One Max or whatever HTC is going to call is not out yet, so how do you know you are not going to get it? It's going to be a 6 inch HTC One.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I can say the HTC One's FFS were a big draw for me and really liked the quality of the sound they offered compared to the GS4 I had before it. That said there will always be trade off's and Samsung just loves their home buttons (not sure why) so unless they ditch them they can't put FFS on their devices. Of course look at the iphone the speakers are on the bottom and your hand covers right over them when holding it in landscape mode for games and such. I found it was even worse on that device.

Nemephosis

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
The One Max or whatever HTC is going to call is not out yet, so how do you know you are not going to get it? It's going to be a 6 inch HTC One.

IFA 2013 Showdown: HTC One Max Specs vs Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs Sony Xperia Z Ultra; New Leak Confirms Rumors - Crossmap Christian News | Tech & Biz

"The HTC One Max will feature a 5.9-inch screen display with 1080i"

So it will be a 5.9 inch HTC one with a worse screen. Not interested in that.

Also where I heard it was not available in Canada was a friend, who saw it on GSMarena. I asked him about it for something more definitive and he said it may have been a rumour, so now I need to brain him for that one. The availability issue could definitely be something I am wrong on from bad info. :p And if it is, then I apologize. I usually fact check better than that, and I didn't, so I'll own up to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty