Galaxy Note 3 - Case & Covers Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 3 Case Thread.

Caseology in brown. Had to trim around the charger area to make my cables fit better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Looks like the same poor fitment as in some other Caseology cases.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

My UAG finally came in, I'm pretty much cemented with uag/diztronic on my phones. I did get a neo hybrid for my nexus and note, but this uag is just too perfect.

Note 3 <Caesars>

DINGSTER1

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Yep gonna have to do that to my Caseology too. It's just a hair shy of being the right depth though so no biggie I really like the case.

Sent from my iPad

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
A couple of things you can try: widen the opening on the case. Trim the auxiliary head or find another auxiliary cable with a slimmer head.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

What do you use to trim? I'm thinking about trimming the head of the auxiliary cable. I don't want to make the case look ugly.

Posted via Android Central App

dc5pat

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

What do you use to trim? I'm thinking about trimming the head of the auxiliary cable. I don't want to make the case look ugly.

I'm using a dremel with a grinding bit. But a file or some sandpaper will work to shave the head.

Walchaar6

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

My UAG finally came in, I'm pretty much cemented with uag/diztronic on my phones. I did get a neo hybrid for my nexus and note, but this uag is just too perfect.

Note 3 <Caesars>

do you got some pics of it I'm thinking about getting a UAG

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm using a dremel with a grinding bit. But a file or some sandpaper will work to shave the head.

ive used a dremel on many a case. love that thing. but if you dont have one, they make grinding and sandpaper bits for a regular power drill. not nearly as good, but it'll get the job done if you have no other use for a dremel.

sal the wop

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

Im probably the last to know....but FYI....

I just found out my UAG case for my old S3 was a fake. I ordered my new one for my note 3 off of the UAG website. Be careful ordering one from these 3rd party vendors.

Here are signs of a fake:

- Packaging window should be curved and not square
- Box on the back will say iphone in small lettering
- logo inside the case is more flush
- color will be slightly different

***If its not a big deal to you, you can save about 5-10 bucks from these vendors....

images.jpg

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

do you got some pics of it I'm thinking about getting a UAG

Attachments

• 1384821572260.jpg
    1384821572260.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 1384821586655.jpg
    1384821586655.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 1384821596663.jpg
    1384821596663.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 1384821604345.jpg
    1384821604345.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 145

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

Sent the orange UAG back as I wasn't happy with the color. not orange enough imo. Bought a black and a white one from UAG for their BOGO deal

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I got a Seidio DILEX case and holster today from AC. It seems to be very protective while not adding too much bulk. Also, the S View cover fits very well in the holster and the Hybrid Neo doesn't if anyone is interested.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

na7abany.jpg
Received yesterday.. I love this case.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

I have that case the kick stand is not that good. Purchased a fintie case with kickstand from amazon hope kickstand is better

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

I have that case the kick stand is not that good. Purchased a fintie case with kickstand from amazon hope kickstand is better

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Kickstand is fine here,, yes it's not steel but if not abused it works just fine. Love being able to see the back of the phone.. It's a good looking case and for the few times I need a kickstand well worth it.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Just ordered the Trident Cyclops case. Will fit great with the leather pouch I've got from Tuff As Nuts

Gadgetdude

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site

I've been following this thread from the beginning and there are certainly lots of great cases out there!

I originally ordered what I thought were just a few cheaper "get me by" things to make sure I had something to protect my new GN3 while I figured out what I really wanted. The funny thing is the simple approach I took actually worked out far better than expected and I'm just planning on sticking with these for now - haven't seen much else to really want to switch yet.

I wanted to keep the added bulk as minimized as possible so now have:

A simple but surprisingly good bumper: Amazon.com: Bear Motion for Galaxy Note 3 - Premium Bumper Ring Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note III (Black) (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
Not expensive, but again - surprisingly good tempered glass screen protector: Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N9000 | eBay

While the bumper and screen protector are great for 90% of the time for me when I am either using, charging, or have the GN3 in a coat or pants pocket, I wanted a thin pouch/sleeve for a bit of extra cover for when I want to carry the phone in the top pocket of my laptop backpack (which is very well padded anyway but more to protect the phone from getting scratched by other items in this smaller pocket) and I found this: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 III Pouch Protect Case Very Slim Light Sleeve Bag | eBay The pouch, like the other items was surprisingly well made and while it was a bit tight to use with the bumper case on (it was made for a GN3 with no case) with bit of gentle stretching it works perfectly and looks great too.

I also am using a magnetic car dock: Amazon.com: InfiniApps Slyde CD Slot Mount for Smartphones, Cradle-less Universal cell phone holder with Quick-snap technology, magnetic cell phone mount: Cell Phones & Accessories and because of the simple bumper and the stock back being exposed this is worked REALLY well. I think it will also work fine with a normal full case on the phone if I ever get one - I will just have to relocate the metal plate.

All in all I didn't spend much but am overly pleased with how things worked out - looking forward to seeing all the new cases everyone tries and posts about!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Got my Spigen Neo Hybrid and my UAG. I like them both, but the UAG is a far tougher and slicker case. It's not an Otterbox Defender, but it's about half the bulk and it protects the phone well enough that I don't need that a fugly, bulky Otterbox. The Neo is a great case, but you can tell it's not as well made or as protective as the UAG. The UAG looks like really high tech and anything but fragile. I also ordered a cheap Chinese red aluminum case on FleaBay for $9.50 shipped. That should be a pretty cool case -

For those who say the UAG orange case is not orange enough...I tend to disagree. It's a gorgeous case and color combo. My Note 3 is in good company with the UAG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty