If I buy a Note3 will it sync SPen notes with Note 8 and 10.1?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about the Note 8 or 10,but I can tell you s-notes syncs between my Note 2 and my Samsung ATIV windows 8 pro tablet. It stores the file in Google Docs and both devices sync through this file.

Posted via Android Central App from my Note 2.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
yes, it says the snotes will sync with evernote or your samsung account to be viewed on tablets or computer....like was stated above you will just need to set up a samsung account.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Raptor, I bought the Note 10.1 thinking I could sync S-notes between Note 1 and the tablet and never got it to work. Oh, they would sync, they'd show up on the device other than the one that originated it, but as soon as I touched the screen, the note would go blank. I tried every cloud service, spent hours with samsung customer service reps who would give up and refer me to the other device's team, and several knowledgeable people on here who also couldn't get it to work, until I got so frustrated I quit trying. If you ( or ANYONE READING THIS) has gotten it to work, PUHLEEZE let me know! Maybe I was one tap away from doing the right thing!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Raptor, I bought the Note 10.1 thinking I could sync S-notes between Note 1 and the tablet and never got it to work. Oh, they would sync, they'd show up on the device other than the one that originated it, but as soon as I touched the screen, the note would go blank. I tried every cloud service, spent hours with samsung customer service reps who would give up and refer me to the other device's team, and several knowledgeable people on here who also couldn't get it to work, until I got so frustrated I quit trying. If you ( or ANYONE READING THIS) has gotten it to work, PUHLEEZE let me know! Maybe I was one tap away from doing the right thing!

Wow, I wasn't aware of the nightmare that could occur. I didn't keep my GN2 long on Verizon I just didn't want to deal with the BS around the bootloader and the lame 9.3GB of storage drove me nuts. But that is a good question and there must be a way to sync the notes between Samsung Not devices.

As for Evernote, its a great app and syncs across devices, os, platforms, destkop whatever and is beneficial. But the whole point of the Note 3 is the notes app built in. There must be a way to sync and save those notes.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Wow, I wasn't aware of the nightmare that could occur. I didn't keep my GN2 long on Verizon I just didn't want to deal with the BS around the bootloader and the lame 9.3GB of storage drove me nuts. But that is a good question and there must be a way to sync the notes between Samsung Not devices.

As for Evernote, its a great app and syncs across devices, os, platforms, destkop whatever and is beneficial. But the whole point of the Note 3 is the notes app built in. There must be a way to sync and save those notes.

I have spent DAYS worth of hours on this issue. The selling point, well, I loved reading all the raves of the Note 2 new owners and then the 10.1 owners, and Samsung's ad mentioned being able to SHARE between note users and it helped me justify running to Best Buy to get the tablet. I thought I would be able to sync notes and having running, constantly edited, notes on both devices. Samsung seems to favor dropbox, I even bought the prime version. Someone on here walked me through step by step what they did with evernote with documents but still as soon as I opened a synced S-note, poof. Samsung customer service folks were sympathetic, knowledgeable about the specific device, but whether you're talking/chatting to phone or tablet rep, they really don't know how the devices can work together which just dumbfounds me. Once I had a super friendly, very knowledgeable geek for the Note 10.1. He had the training info, a reference to look up that actually found less than I could on Google at the same time and he'd never actually HELD a 10.1 except for a day's training class. sigh. And according to every service rep, they'd never heard of the problem before, didn't think it was an issue and were kind of surprised that I felt it should work, whether synced through a cloud, or emailed, or shared any other way, an S-note should be able to be opened and edited on any other NOTE, PERIOD. Sorry, had to vent and jump on a soap box that's gotten dusty from lack of use. I couldn't email an S-note to another note user and have it be opened and read. The other Note would say they didn't recognize the format. Seriously, I just think it's a huge oversight on Samsung and shows a lack of appreciation for users that become loyal and enamored of a family of product. I will be trying this the day my Note 3 lands on my doorstep. Stay tuned, if I figure it out, the world will hear me shriek with delight!

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
J, is there a reason you are set on using s note? I have had it work between my Note 2 and an ATIV windows 8 pro tablet. (Samsung put s note on the windows tablet.) I had it sync through Google Docs. It sounds like you have tried about everything to make it work so I don't think I would know any more about it than the people you have gotten help from already. I just wanted to confirm I have had it working just not the same devices.

I now have a Surface Pro which doesn't have s notes so I changed over to Onenote. Onenote is awesome and syncs on every device is have (desktop, laptop, tablet and phone). The only issue with Onenote is hand written notes are not an option on the Note 2. Easy work around is to write the notes in s notes and then make a screen shot and imported into Onenote. This was my solution and I have to say I'm very impressed with Onenote, I would not change back to s notes.

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
J, is there a reason you are set on using s note? I have had it work between my Note 2 and an ATIV windows 8 pro tablet. (Samsung put s note on the windows tablet.) I had it sync through Google Docs. It sounds like you have tried about everything to make it work so I don't think I would know any more about it than the people you have gotten help from already. I just wanted to confirm I have had it working just not the same devices.

I now have a Surface Pro which doesn't have s notes so I changed over to Onenote. Onenote is awesome and syncs on every device is have (desktop, laptop, tablet and phone). The only issue with Onenote is hand written notes are not an option on the Note 2. Easy work around is to write the notes in s notes and then make a screen shot and imported into Onenote. This was my solution and I have to say I'm very impressed with Onenote, I would not change back to s notes.

I tried Lecture Notes and Papyrus but still kept ending up going back to S-Notes. I started to try to retrace settings for syncing last night and my brain started to glaze over. I'm going to wait for the Note 3, then I'll get to begin the quest all over again.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
so syncing on evernote seems to be the better option than syncing through samsung account?
Please don't take this as gospel because I'm far more of an expert on what doesn't work than what does, but going through a Samsung Account seems to be the best track. In fact last night I was trying to figure out if my problem might be that once when I was online with Samsung, I couldn't remember my original log in so I set up a new account there. Seems possible my problems could boil down to both devices simply having different log ins for Samsung..... time will tell.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What really surprised me was that on my S4 the notes I created on my Note 8 synched and I wasn't even trying to achieve that. All I did was sign into my Samsung account on both devices.

Sony XTZ

hawkeye680

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Resurrecting this one. Has anybody figured out how to sync S Notes between two devices in relatively real time?

I have a Note 3 and 10.1 2014 and can't get them to sync. Initial setup was ok and I see them in both but the edits are not there since the intial install.

steveL332

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried Samsung Smart Switch? It's free in the Google Play Store. The app description states to download this app to all devices you want to exchange data(list of approved devices - your devices are listed) and follow the prompts. According to the description it will sync a number of files between devices in real time, including SNotes. I hope this helps you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87