Verizon Edge Program to get Note 3

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering getting the Note 3 on the Verizon Edge program & immediately placing the phone on my main line instead of activating it on the new line it will come assigned to. I know if it's not activated within 45 days of me receiving it then full payment will be due, but are their any other negatives I may face if I go that route?

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to get a second line and get a N3 with it? If you have an upgrade you are better off getting the subsidized price of 299, edge is bad bc you pay full contract price(have to have an open upgrade to do) when you are better off paying 299 then the early termination fee after a year since that work for be cheaper

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

SuperTongue

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to get a second line and get a N3 with it? If you have an upgrade you are better off getting the subsidized price of 299, edge is bad bc you pay full contract price(have to have an open upgrade to do) when you are better off paying 299 then the early termination fee after a year since that work for be cheaper

Edge should be looked at more for upgrade usage. Upgrading at 12 months into Edge is basically equal to the current subsidy of the Note 3 - $300. Assuming you upgrade at the 12 month 50% point, it's really not any worse than buying outright. If you aren't utilizing that upgrade in 12 months or well before 12 months, there's really no worth to it. Also, if you like keeping your phone there's no use in it either.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Edge should be looked at more for upgrade usage. Upgrading at 12 months into Edge is basically equal to the current subsidy of the Note 3 - $300. Assuming you upgrade at the 12 month 50% point, it's really not any worse than buying outright. If you aren't utilizing that upgrade in 12 months or well before 12 months, there's really no worth to it. Also, if you like keeping your phone there's no use in it either.

But in that case you're better off paying 299 up front and after a year selling the phone and paying the etf that will be lower, you'd make out better that way since you'd get more for it then what the etf would be

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm basically trying to get the phone as soon as it releases and since I'm at max on the number of lines my account can have on the shared plan, this was my only option besides buying it outright.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm basically trying to get the phone as soon as it releases and since I'm at max on the number of lines my account can have on the shared plan, this was my only option besides buying it outright.

Do any of your lines have an upgrade? You can only do the edge if you have a new line of service added or if you are at your contract end date and available to upgrade.

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

This

Posted via Android Central App

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My main line does with unlimited data, but the thing is I tried the Edge process as a new customer without signing in to my account and it lets me sign up a single line.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My main line does with unlimited data, but the thing is I tried the Edge process as a new customer without signing in to my account and it lets me sign up a single line.

Do an alternate upgrade where you use the upgrade buy then activate it to another line, you will retain unlimited data, you will activate the phone to another number but once it's activated switch sim cards and done

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past if you transfer the upgrade to another line, it would make you change your unlimited to a gigabyte data plan online...unless the system has changed since 6 months ago.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but in the past if you transfer the upgrade to another line, it would make you change your unlimited to a gigabyte data plan online...unless the system has changed since 6 months ago.

Don't transfer the upgrade to your desired line, just transfer the phone after you upgrade the line that is eligible.

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Initially yes but as long as you do the alternate upgrade and activate the phone on another number your line will remain unlimited, there are a few articles on various tech sites about it check it out but Verizon customer service will do it for you, probably not the store.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You can trade up every 6 months on edge if your 50% paid off [$300]..I look at it as leasing my phone...and getting whatever is new every 6 months! Crazy...yes...but fun!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non