Having problems with multiple widgets on lock screen

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
So, I am new to Android 4.2 on the Note 3.

First experience putting widgets on the lock screen which I am very happy can finally be done.

It's not a problem adding lockscreen widgets. It's a problem with defaulting the ones you want.

I didn't want the lockscreen layout that came with the Note III. So, I installed DASHCLOCK and wanted to use its widgets with email/text/phone notificiations.

I simply slid the current lockscreen icon to the left, saw the + sign and added the Dashclock widget.

Problem is, it still defaults to the original widget when I turn on the phone. How do I get it to default to the new widget layout instead?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

benski

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
In the lockscreen view, select/hold and drag the widget you want for the home locksceen widget to the middle.

hope that helps.

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys, wondering how i can customize widgets on my galaxy note 3 with jelly bean 4.3. This is my first time using android--appreciate your help and patience. Thanks!

NJRonbo

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay, okay, I got it working...

...not like Samsung made it easy to figure out.

What you need to do is remove the current widgets that were already on place on your lockscreen.

To do that, long press on the screen over the widget. At some point a trash can should appear at the top of the screen. Drag the widget to that trash to remove.

Then you can add another widget. However, when you do so, take notice of the little house icon at the bottom of the screen. The house icon indicates your home screen and you need to make certain the widget you want on your lockscreen is aligned with that icon (not to the left or right).

Takes a little bit of doing to get it right. Let me know if you guys finally were able to accomplish it.