Having problems with multiple widgets on lock screen
So, I am new to Android 4.2 on the Note 3.
First experience putting widgets on the lock screen which I am very happy can finally be done.
It's not a problem adding lockscreen widgets. It's a problem with defaulting the ones you want.
I didn't want the lockscreen layout that came with the Note III. So, I installed DASHCLOCK and wanted to use its widgets with email/text/phone notificiations.
I simply slid the current lockscreen icon to the left, saw the + sign and added the Dashclock widget.
Problem is, it still defaults to the original widget when I turn on the phone. How do I get it to default to the new widget layout instead?
Thanks in advance for the assistance.
- 10-05-2013, 12:49 PM #2
- 10-05-2013, 12:54 PM #3
- 10-05-2013, 02:02 PM #5
Re: Having problems with multiple widgets on lock screen
Okay, okay, I got it working...
...not like Samsung made it easy to figure out.
What you need to do is remove the current widgets that were already on place on your lockscreen.
To do that, long press on the screen over the widget. At some point a trash can should appear at the top of the screen. Drag the widget to that trash to remove.
Then you can add another widget. However, when you do so, take notice of the little house icon at the bottom of the screen. The house icon indicates your home screen and you need to make certain the widget you want on your lockscreen is aligned with that icon (not to the left or right).
Takes a little bit of doing to get it right. Let me know if you guys finally were able to accomplish it.
- By sprungson in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 34Last Post: 10-29-2013, 11:44 PM
- By pauldknight in forum Nexus 4 Rooting, ROMs, & HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 10-11-2013, 12:37 AM
- By paisinho in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-05-2013, 04:00 PM
- By electronicwiz1 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2013, 12:13 PM
- By Abdo Charyf in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 10-05-2013, 11:32 AM