Galaxy Note 3 - Coming from an iPhone

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am coming from an iPhone and looking for a good text message app that will be similar to iOS.

For example, I want to see the text on the lock screen and be able to swipe that text to jump right into it. Seems like the stock one you have to tap the message and then swipe to unlock.

I like the feel of textra but can't find a good way to preview the message on the lock screen and jump right into it with a swype or tap.

Help! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Coming from an iPhone

I use the stock messaging app, widget locker for my lock screen and floating notifications. It is the perfect combination. The stock messaging app is really solid and simple, the widget locker allows you to go right into apps without swiping, and floating notifications leaves bubbles on any screen you are on so you can enter any app that has a notification for you. Perfect combo.

Posted via Android Central App

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I use the stock messaging app, widget locker for my lock screen and floating notifications. It is the perfect combination. The stock messaging app is really solid and simple, the widget locker allows you to go right into apps without swiping, and floating notifications leaves bubbles on any screen you are on so you can enter any app that has a notification for you. Perfect combo.

Can you explain the WidgetLocker to me?

Just kidding saw it in playstore!

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Is the app called floating notifications?

atrain311qes109

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site

Is the app called floating notifications?

Yes. And it's incredible. No matter what screen I'm on, I will get a tiny bubble showing me exactly who is getting in touch with me via text, email, Facebook, Twitter you name it.
And they've beefed up the app so well you can now read full emails, texts... right from the bubble. Delete it in the spot or reply.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I will have to give Widget Locker a try. They still have the return within 15 min if need be right?

How about visual voicemails? Any suggestions there?

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

Yes. And it's incredible. No matter what screen I'm on, I will get a tiny bubble showing me exactly who is getting in touch with me via text, email, Facebook, Twitter you name it.
And they've beefed up the app so well you can now read full emails, texts... right from the bubble. Delete it in the spot or reply.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Downloading it now.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site

Hey OP.. if you miss your iPhone, you can always do this.... :)

galaxynote3-640x448.jpg

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Haha I don't miss my iphone at all I love this thing. There are so many settings I am just trying to find what works best and how to customize the phone to do it lol.

Already got Nova and loving it's capabilities and customizations. It's just overwhelming at first learning how to do it all :)

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Haha I don't miss my iphone at all I love this thing. There are so many settings I am just trying to find what works best and how to customize the phone to do it lol.

Already got Nova and loving it's capabilities and customizations. It's just overwhelming at first learning how to do it all :)

When I switched from iPhone to my S4 back in June it was awesome just experimenting with all of the different apps and customization the first few days. I still get bored of my theme and love how I can just change my launcher, my icons, my text messaging app, or my keyboard. Try experimenting with everything, that is the beauty of Android.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely. There's just so much you can do with Android, no reason to get bored.

This. Some people don't like to customize much.. Maybe a few things. Others customize everything... Either way. It's nice to have the option to choose what you want to do versus having no option at all. :).

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Any reason why the WidgetLocker application says it is not compatible with my device?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Any reason why the WidgetLocker application says it is not compatible with my device?
That's likely because you're running a version of Android the developer hasn't accommodated...or it could be due to your having a high resolution screen. I get this same error for Monopoly on my Sony XTZ and Note 3 but not on my 4.1.2- and 1280x800-having Note 8.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

That's likely because you're running a version of Android the developer hasn't accommodated...or it could be due to your having a high resolution screen. I get this same error for Monopoly on my Sony XTZ and Note 3 but not on my 4.1.2- and 1280x800-having Note 8.

Ah, thanks. So how can I install it since it doesn't let me on the Play Store due to it's incompatibilities? Or is it not worth it and I should look for another lockscreen app...

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
The app your looking for is NILS Notifications lock screen. It resembles the iPhone notifications on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
The app your looking for is NILS Notifications lock screen. It resembles the iPhone notifications on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app

Close.. but I was looking for a way to get a text, show the text on the screen, then swipe that text and jump right into the messaging app with the keyboard open. With this, you have to tap the notification, then swipe, which brings you to the messaging app.

Christopher Rios1

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I also am coming from an iPhone 5. So far, I'm loving this phone and android, just having to get used to some minor things. These recommendations so far have been great.

Thanks!