Galaxy gear for men only????

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wanted to hear thoughts on this. I am male but work in hospital setting where majority are women. Age ranges from 22 on up. Every single female states no way I would ever wear one of those watches. They state either to big or to man looking. In fact many laugh and say kreeper watch due to camera option lol. So just curios if it takes a certain kinda girl to wear this watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Wanted to hear thoughts on this. I am male but work in hospital setting where majority are women. Age ranges from 22 on up. Every single female states no way I would ever wear one of those watches. They state either to big or to man looking. In fact many laugh and say kreeper watch due to camera option lol. So just curios if it takes a certain kinda girl to wear this watch.

i laughed at the "kreeper" camera comment, cuz yeah that was my first thought, but the pics showing up online are really great. i didn't order the gg originally because of some of the reviews of battery life, cost vs functionallity, etc. but i've been waffling and think i'll wait and enjoy my note 3 for a while and then take a closer in person peek at the gg. as a woman i don't have a problem wearing one if it really is something i will use.

Gadgetlover0408

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I like the camera it takes decent pics and its handy on a pinch. The picture attached was taken with the galaxy gear at lunch today

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381338541319.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381338541319.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 85

fallenangel808

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm a female and I like girly stuffs but I saw the watch and tried one on. It's not that bad however I don't wear watches. If I did though I would buy the Galaxy Gear in a heartbeat. And lol on the "kreeper" comment

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm a woman and love my Galaxy Gear too much to care what other people think about it. It isn't as large as I thought that it would be. It is somewhat large on me but I have extremely small wrists, especially considering my size.

I'm not a watch person, but I am a Gear person.

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Not seeing photo

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a woman and I have the Gear. Was stoked to get it too. Although admittedly I have a watch "thing". ;)

Last edited:

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
LOL, had to read the thread, really nice to know so many women like it. I, on the other hand, waited so many years to get a decent size screen on a phone I just can't go back!

anon(22793)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder what kinds of things people are doing that they worry about a camera around them regarding the whole creeper mistique. If you are seen doing the same thing, what's the difference? Anyways, it looks a lot more obvious about someone raising their arm, and clicking on their watch while they point it, then it does to point a cell phone.

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I am a girl and I love my gear.. But I am defiantly a tech freak.. But than since it only works with the note 3 which is not your normal sized phone I suspect those girls wouldn't own a note 3 to begin with

note 2 for sale pm me if interested

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm a woman with very small wrists and my husband got me a gear today for my birthday, which is on Monday. My Note 3 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Cannot wait to use both. I walk a lot and think it will be useful when I workout. We'll see...

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

RBChamp

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I am a girl and I love my gear.. But I am defiantly a tech freak.. But than since it only works with the note 3 which is not your normal sized phone I suspect those girls wouldn't own a note 3 to begin with

note 2 for sale pm me if interested

So glad there are a few of us women who are tech freaks and like big phones! :)

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Just tell em Danica Patrick is a "gear head"....

As a male, for me there exists a usefulness to geekness ratio in owning one, lets call it U:G. If the device provides a certain level of utility that gives me at least a 2:1 ratio then I'd consider the hefty price tag. If the watch was created with a little more subtlety, maybe a polished black bezel instead of that "beam-me-up" finish, then I think it would appeal more to the masses. I'm not sure if Samsung has already thought of this, but some replaceable bezels would be a good idea as well. Although, no matter how much style they pour into the watch, I can imagine peoples' reaction when seeing someone use the device in public, "That guy looks like a ****.....Tracy"

dicktracy.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87