Galaxy Note 3 - USB driver

hlazar

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
My last phone had drivers that let me directly connect to the sd card using windows. I found that kies will work but it isn't as simple. I'd rather directly connect. Does anyone know where the usb drivers are?

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
My last phone had drivers that let me directly connect to the sd card using windows. I found that kies will work but it isn't as simple. I'd rather directly connect. Does anyone know where the usb drivers are?

In modern Windows it should work without any extra drivers. However, Samsung hasn't made a true removable storage device support since Galaxy S1 (or maybe S2). They are either multimedia devices or camera devices, which might cause serious problems in older Windows versions (like 2000). It also doesn't work as well, because it has tendency to lock other operations when you transfer files and might even be more error prone. But that is pretty much everything you got.

Now the question is, what do you need to transfer? BTSync is easy as Dropbox (and more secure), for transferring files, but of course it works best if your use case if such that you want to sync files (not just move them).