Note 3 keyboard choice

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Just curious to find out what keyboard everyone was running on their note. Personally I'm using SwiftKey, mostly for improved text prediction and SwiftKey Flow. Didn't really give the Samsung keyboard a chance.

Posted from my Note 3

bszaronos

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I use to use swift key with my galaxy s3, but I like the standard note 3 keyboard better this time. Only thing i would like to include would be to change the color, and add the arrow keys.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I always use the Samsung keyboard as first choice. I like the swype function along with the Mic button.
It allows me to speak my texts thru bluetooth while driving.

My second choice is Google keyboard.

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the OEM Samsung keyboard. Usually I hate OEM keyboards and switch to either Swift Key or Swype... but the stock keyboard that comes with the Note 3 is really good.

ryanjma

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I posted a similar thread a few days ago, but after playing with the Note 3 for a few days I switched from the OEM samsung Keyboard to SwiftKey. I really liked the OEM one, but in the end Swiftkey just can predict what I will say, and makes typing a little easier. I have been making a few less mistakes.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I swore by SwiftKey since it was created. But stock is so good on this phone, I had no desire to install Swiftkey. Stock learns your typing style just as fast as Swiftkey does.

Clickbeast

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
What features do you lose with the stock keyboard if you use swiftkey? I love swiftkey.

First, I'll say Swiftkey is amazing. Coming from iOS, then using the stock keyboard for a few days, Swiftkey is on a whole other level.

The one thing you lose from the stock if you go with Swiftkey is a 4th row for numbers. Apparently that's an upcoming feature for Swift, so it's no big deal.

The upsides are huge. Yes, the stock keyboard learns, but Swiftkey started auto predicting almost whole sentences within the same day. The stock keyboard was in no way doing that. All Swift key had to do was scan my SMS messages. It's also NATIVELY multi-language. No need AT ALL to switch between, say, English and Portuguese keyboard sets. There's no globe icon, it's just integrated.

I start typing in portuguese, it just knows and completes sentences in that language. I can literally write 1 sentence in portuguese, the next in english, then back to portuguese, all in the same SMS, and the keyboard swaps between both automatically. If you're not a multilingual user, you have absolutely no idea how incredible this is.

Swift key all the way. Best purchase so far on my note 3

calred34

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the problem with changing the default back to Stock from SwiftKey fixed in this model? I currently have an S2 Skyrocket and every time I restart my device the default goes back to Stock. I found some documentation on SwiftKey that suggested this was a Samsung / Google Play issue. This does not happen if I use the Amazon store version ...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan with SwiftKey. It backs up to my Google account so it always remembers what I've taught it from device to device.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm a fan with SwiftKey. It backs up to my Google account so it always remembers what I've taught it from device to device.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Agreed. The ability to have it backed up to Google so that you don't have to continually set it up on new devices is a HUGE plus for me.

sddabrow

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Any way to add emojies to SwiftKey?

I think I prefer it as my default keyboard just wish there was an emojie plug in because I want to use the stock messaging app to take advantage of the S Voice and multitasking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
im using kii keyboard but switch to stock one. But it doesnt have the pop up notifications or I just don't know how to do that. Can someone help me?

sent from my note 3

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I keep switching between stock and Google keyboard. Probably gonna go with the Google keyboard. I just don't like the white theme of the Samsung one. I've also gotten too used to having the punctuation on the autocorrect bar with the Google keyboard.

xs228

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I wish Samsug had embedded something like SPen switcher in touchwiz. I love swiftkey but when I have the pen out it's back to stock

Botti

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I wish Samsug had embedded something like SPen switcher in touchwiz. I love swiftkey but when I have the pen out it's back to stock

Why dont you just use the direct input with s-pen and leave the other keyboard there?

Sent using Note3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa