Go Launcher on Note 3...anyone tried it yet?

defdc

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never installed any launch23 on a phone as I've gone - Droid1 - Galaxy Nexus - Note3. However, I just installed Nova, and it seems nice. I'll have to give a few others a try.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
What do you lose. I've not noticed?

I'm not a big pen user.

You can always have gesture or shortcut back to touch wiz.

Posted via Android Central App

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nova is really nice but you lose certain functionality with the S pen

Installed nova prime and haven't noticed any changes. Coming from a note 2 with nova I can say that you have more spen functionality on the note 3 with a third party launcher

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I used to have Go Launcher EX on my TBolt & S3. Note 2 I never did use a launcher .... tried Go Launcher the other day & I can't remember what it was, but something wasn't right. I have Nova Launcher free on my Note 3 & it works great! Some features I liked about Go Launcher are only available with Nova Prime.

Cheers, Jon
I installed Nova on mine, but my Note 2, I had Go Launcher and loved it. Anyone tried it on the Note 3?

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm not going to install Go Launcher yet, as I have Nova on it and all seems to be working great. I had just purchased alot of GoLauncher stuff when I had my other phone and would love to install it on my Note 3. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm not going to install Go Launcher yet, as I have Nova on it and all seems to be working great. I had just purchased alot of GoLauncher stuff when I had my other phone and would love to install it on my Note 3. I just don't want to mess anything up.

Go launcher will work I'm sure. Install and check it out if you don't like simply switch back to nova

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Go launcher. I really liked all the many themes available for it, but I detest the additional bloatware they add and the pop up ads. I deleted it and have been using Nova Launcher for nearly 2 years. I enjoy the gestures, it's lightweight and not a battery hog, and I lose none of the spen functions.

joan006

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I did install it yesterday and u installed it. It does come with a ton of bloat ware and token things and apps I don't want.
The main thing is I couldn't use my stylus pen except when I first pulled It out. I couldn't activate it after that.
Nova it is and I upgraded to premium!
I did email the developer for go launcher and tell him my issue. I will post here his response.
Thanks again for everyone's help!

richgs

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoy apex launcher it is very responsive and looks just like native jelly bean.

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I really enjoy apex launcher it is very responsive and looks just like native jelly bean.

I used to used to ROM my Note2 heavily and use Apex launcher. Ever since 4.3 came out with Samsung's heavy mods on the Note3 I haven't felt the need to mod at all.
I'm still using Touch Wiz and all it has to offer...
I'm sure I'll get bored one of these days and want to experiment. Lol

ComedyBoy

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I have it. I used Go Launcher on my Droid Razr Maxx HD and under SHORTCUTS it let me place specific EMail accounts on homescreen. It is NOT an option on Note 3. Any workarounds?

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I use the Next Launcher by Go. I know it is expensive, but it works very well. No bloat that I know of and I really like all the options.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I use the Next Launcher by Go. I know it is expensive, but it works very well. No bloat that I know of and I really like all the options.

The 16 bucks 3D Launcher? Does it consume lots of memory?

I use Action Launcher Pro.. I like the App Drawer functionality. I tried using Nova Launcher, but I'm just not that into it.

Although I wish Action Launcher Pro had a translucent status bar..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The 16 bucks 3D Launcher? Does it consume lots of memory?

I use Action Launcher Pro.. I like the App Drawer functionality. I tried using Nova Launcher, but I'm just not that into it.

Although I wish Action Launcher Pro had a translucent status bar..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Sorry it took so long, I just saw this.

It is a 43MB file, which is a little on the high side but I have several that size or larger. It has not been an issue and the options seem endless.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87