Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps if we keep the discussion focused on the topic there won't be anything perceived as trolling.

with the title of this thread and the real world ( opposed to the underground fantasy land) reality of the note 3 capabilities. ...is that possible?

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Does anyone else think the camera sucks?

with the title of this thread and the real world ( opposed to the underground fantasy land) reality of the note 3 capabilities. ...is that possible?

Perhaps not.

from my '14 Note 10.1

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

vydytu5a.jpg
just took this,, international space station. Took picture while taking a video and then blew it up. Awesome pic. I get emails when it is visible. Streaked across the sky at 7:02 for 5 whole mins.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

And I am going to say it. Clever does not insult people that frequent forums. It is clear where the lunacy in this thread lies. Gawd. Why do I even participate in failed threads? What is wrong with me? I have done my due diligence by posting evidence based post on why the note 3 has a better camera. Many have posted solutions for the couple of people with failed devices. This thread really has run out of usefulness.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Frankly, I find this very disappointing. I thought the purpose of a forum is discussion. Yet if somebody like me offers a dissenting opinion ~with supporting photographs~, I am labeled a troll (note that the pictures supporting the contention that the Note 3's camera is better than the Note 2's have yet to be posted by anybody in this thread). What is the point of this? To blindly cheerlead for the phone you bought because you bought it? To turn a blind eye to the phone's very real weakness? Bashing anybody who points those concerns in the form of repeated ad hominem attacks? Great way to suppress free speech and to chill discussion.

I expected more from the contributors to a great forum like this. This is some great way to kill a perfectly legitimate thread about a very real weakness in an otherwise decent phone.

sent from my Note 3

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Coming from a BlackBerry Storm and A Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I will be the first not to turn a blind eye to a device. The trouble I had with both phones almost made me go back to Apple. This phone meaning the GNOTE3 is the best phone I ever had. I have had no issues at all with it. It is your opinion and I respect your opinion about your GNote3 and I apologize for labeling you a troll. What makes you sound like a troll is that you repeat it over and over when others are not having the same problems as you. You can not truly say that it is blind cheerlead for a phone that I paid my hard earned money for. If the is phone was garbage I would have returned it within the first few days. If I could not fix it after trying to get help on the forums. After getting a few exchanges at the store. I would return it and never look back at it again because it would have been garbage in my opinion. But I can not say anything negative about this phone it works for me. Like I said I have had No issues. I use it for work getting electronic signatures and I even used it with an over head projector for a meeting. It runs like a champ for me and it does what I need it to do. Sorry about your problems . Maybe you should move on to a new phone like Nexus 5 or i dare say it iPhone5s and return the GNOTE3 with the bad camera. Maybe you'll have better luck with one of them. Best of luck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for adding intelligence and value to the thread. Nice reflection of character.

Read the whole thread carefully. If you make it out my comments should make perfect sense.

JoeInCT

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Went out last night with a friend. I have the Note 3 and she has the S3. Tried to take a pic of her over dinner and the Note 3 was so poor, had to use her camera phone and have her email the pic to me. Without question, the Note 3's camera is substandard. I'm going back to my Note 2.

The Note 3 camera is so poor, I can't help but wonder if some of the positive opinions on here are legitimate.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've been following since the beginning and while I do find repetitive negative comments to be as bothersome as the next, in this case I can relate to the persons lamenting.

Again I hate it when people come in and repeatedly put something down. But it's equally annoying when others (not you) act like the person's findings are unfounded. Perhaps that's why he kept reiterating his point. I held off on voicing my letdown by the Note 3 camera because I didn't want to be negative. Right now, if it's the Note 3 that I return it'd solely by due to the camera (with a 6 yr old I take a ton of pics)

Maybe that's the issue. I have young children too. That the camera perform in all lighting conditions is extremely important. I've taken so many great pics of my kids on the Note 2's low light setting - I wasn't expecting the Note 3's camera to be so limited.

sent from my Note 3

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I've been following since the beginning and while I do find repetitive negative comments to be as bothersome as the next, in this case I can relate to the persons lamenting.

Again I hate it when people come in and repeatedly put something down. But it's equally annoying when others (not you) act like the person's findings are unfounded. Perhaps that's why he kept reiterating his point. I held off on voicing my letdown by the Note 3 camera because I didn't want to be negative. Right now, if it's the Note 3 that I return it'd solely by due to the camera (with a 6 yr old I take a ton of pics)

I really do not see the camera that poor in normal lighting conditions. Look at the camera thread right next to this one. Some samples of great indoor pictures. Maybe a batch of bad units went out? I am a phone camera junkie stuck on Verizon and love android. For me the Note 3 has been more than a solid camera so far. Most reviews agree as do the multiude of camera shoot outs by the tech sites. The photo stickies thread bears out the quality photos as well. Seems like a select few are having these problems. Maybe some stores got a bad batch so even exchanging the phone doesn't work out.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Hard to imagine getting a defective camera sensor. Possibly a setting. Check that out first

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

Went out last night with a friend. I have the Note 3 and she has the S3. Tried to take a pic of her over dinner and the Note 3 was so poor, had to use her camera phone and have her email the pic to me. Without question, the Note 3's camera is substandard. I'm going back to my Note 2.

The Note 3 camera is so poor, I can't help but wonder if some of the positive opinions on here are legitimate.

It's funny because in many of these camera threads the people who are saying the camera is good are posting beaitiful pictures but the people who are saying it's bad are posting no pictures. People are not just posting positive opinions, they are backing it with the actual pictures.

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I cannot believe this thread is still going. If you do not like the camera, then why don't you just get a phone that has a better camera?