Samsung A53 camera contrast/saturation problem

• Thread starter Deleted member 3194894
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3194894

Hello everyone!

I do not know if this is the correct place to post this, if it is not, I apologize.

I use a Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, and Camera app is version 13.1.01.6. Recently I noticed a problem with the camera - it usually works fine, but sometimes, when I am trying to capture a light source or something similar, it will distort the contrast or saturation. Here are some examples:

20231013_181416.jpg20231013_182746.jpg

I was taking photos of my friend. These two photos were taken 2-3 minutes apart. I did not use any filter or third-party app. It was taken with the camera app that came with the phone, and its settings are mostly default. Also, I don't use "pro" mode with settings like ISO etc., because I don't know how they work. I just opened the camera app and took photos. I also tried resetting the settings of the camera, and it was the same.

Or, another example:

20230923_191311.jpg20230923_193421.jpg

When I tried to take a photo of the fire itself, contrast went through the roof.

However, until about a month ago, everything worked fine. Here is a photo of a similar fire I took. Everything was perfect:

20230909_191455.jpg

D

Deleted member 3194894

P.S. When I posted this thread and went through images to check them, I noticed this line on the first one:

1697526786485.png

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I think the line is a tell. Try uninstalling the app then reset it before updating again see if that helps. Otherwise the line is the first indication of hardware failure. Unfortunately.

D

Deleted member 3194894

I think the line is a tell. Try uninstalling the app then reset it before updating again see if that helps. Otherwise the line is the first indication of hardware failure. Unfortunately.

I cannot uninstall camera app. I did reset it a couple of times, and it still has the same problem.

However, if it is hardware failure, shouldn't it also have the same problems when taking a video? - All videos are perfect, no matter how close or far I get to the source of the light. Furthermore, I can "look" through camera fine. I mean, when I open the camera app without taking any photos, the image it shows is good. It is only when I click to take the photo (and only sometimes) that contrast/saturation goes wild.