handwriting to text?

mynewride

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
why is it that whenever i attempt to use this feature nothing happens. I can write pretty well on the device and it never does anything with the handwriting. I can use the action memo to save contacts, and make calls. it seems to recognize my handwriting just fine, but in the text window i cannot get anything to work.

witelite

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about handwriting that's in the keyboard (holding the mic button)?
If so it doesn't work out the box. You have to download the update in play store.
Search Samsung and is the keyboard update. It'll work great after that.

in app - Note3

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been able to get the air command apps to translate my handwriting to text, I do not think it is possible yet.

But... I can in S Note, and in numerous text boxes. In text boxes, hover the pen over the text box and tap the little popup box, scribble, tap done, and magic! At least magic with my scribble, which I think is pretty bad.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue with the handwriting feature of the S-pen. There seems to be two ways to input text via the S-pen when handwriting. The first is to hover over a text box and then write in the light blue area. The other is to enable the writing box in the keyboard setting and every time you are in a text area it will prompt to write. That second option seems to be problematic for me. Anyone else?

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue with the handwriting feature of the S-pen. There seems to be two ways to input text via the S-pen when handwriting. The first is to hover over a text box and then write in the light blue area. The other is to enable the writing box in the keyboard setting and every time you are in a text area it will prompt to write. That second option seems to be problematic for me. Anyone else?

I'm not sure what you mean by problematic. There are various keyboard and S-pen settings involved. If you can tell me how you'd like it to work, maybe we can figure out how to do it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
When I start to write in the designated area, the words mix up and I have to go back and redo it again. I learned a frustrating lesson that you can only do one line at a time when using the writing box. But you can do multiple lines at a time when you use the hover over the text box then touch the icon to prompt the light blue handwriting area. It is hard to explain but it is the best that I can do for now.

witelite

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the two handwriting methods have different rules. I like each for different reasons, but I'm starting to favor the Keyboards version

in app - Note3

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah the two handwriting methods have different rules. I like each for different reasons, but I'm starting to favor the Keyboards version

in app - Note3

It may just take some getting used to. Eventually I will figure it out .

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I just watched a YouTube video on it and I think I have figured out what I was doing wrong. I didn't Know you had to write on the line and wait for the line to move over. This is a whole lot better. I'm actually using it now to write this. It really makes a big difference.

diasmall

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Took me forever to figure out how to turn on the handwriting box with the line that moves over. I'm very happy with it now. I can't believe this feature wasn't enabled to start with. It's intuitive. Really handy in S-Note too. This is 1/2 the reason I wanted a Note!

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Took me forever to figure out how to turn on the handwriting box with the line that moves over. I'm very happy with it now. I can't believe this feature wasn't enabled to start with. It's intuitive. Really handy in S-Note too. This is 1/2 the reason I wanted a Note!

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you. But once you figure out how to enable it and use it correctly, its a dream feature.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm still figuring out a lot of uses for the S-pen and handwriting with it. Just realized that the gray bar at the bottom of the hand writing box is a scroll bar.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo