Problems with reception using Incipio case

va_connoisseur

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the two piece Incipio case. It has the rubber interior with a hard plastic shell. The case seems to cut at least one bar, most of the times two, from my reception. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a better case that does not effect reception?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have that case too but I never noticed any signal degradation with it. I used it for the first two week of having my phone before moving into a Spigen Neo Hybrid. I'll play with the Incipio and see if I can replicate the issue you're noting (pun intended).

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have heard of cars affecting reception. You mark want to try another case if it is a significant change.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.

KluverBucy1972

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I TOTALLY had the same problem. I made the mistake of ordering the case along with the phone through the ATT website. To be honest, I thought the case was great. It looked great, and protected the phone well. Then I noticed that my reception was pretty bad compared to my prior iPhone, and I got really depressed. I went to the forums and noticed that everyone was complaining about bad reception with the Note 3. Out of desperation, I tried taking off the case, thinking it wouldn't make any difference, as it is not made of metal. Sure enough, my reception improved right away. I tried testing my dbm in different parts of the house compared to my wife's iPhone 5, and the dbms were comparable in all locations. YES, the incipio case blocks reception!!