How can i stop the pop up ads? Help please..

Cindy Fulton

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
How do I permanently remove all pop up ads & games on my Note 4 ?

Warda, have you gotten an answer yet. This I s driving me ....CRAZIEIER :) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Warda, have you gotten an answer yet. This I s driving me ....CRAZIEIER :) LOL

Use Google to backup your contacts or export them to an SD card. Copy your photos to your laptop/computer whatever or use whatever cloud service you prefer (dropbox.) Hard reset. In the future, read some of the reviews of the apps/games your installing. be especially leary of 'free games' on the PlayStore. For some reason, Google doesn't consider in-your-face ads as malware.

Lastly, you can use 'AppOps' to strip applications of their respective permissions. This particular app is NOT avaliable on the PlayStore but if you're interested PM me and I can find it for you. This is only to be used for a must-have app that is behaving poorly. I would hard reset before I used any sort of Anti-Virus, but that's just me.

After you've backed everything up, power down, hold down power up and volume and whilst holding those press and hold power. When 'Recovery booting' appears release all keys. Use the volume rocker to highlight Reset to factory and 'power' to select. set everything up and I highly suggest once you're back up and running go into the playstore and disable auto-update. Reinstall one app at a time and observe behavior.

Using these methods, I have NEVER needed to use any antivirus on my phone...then again, I simply don't use 'free games' any few free apps (Facebook, whatsapp, google maps well known devs being the exception) if in doubt, google it.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I have now tried no less than six different products from the Play Store and none of them found where these dang pop ups are coming from so I can kill them off! The ones I tried included the Norton the addons detector and four or five others all with high mars in their reviews.

PoisonDarts8714

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I have now tried no less than six different products from the Play Store and none of them found where these dang pop ups are coming from so I can kill them off! The ones I tried included the Norton the addons detector and four or five others all with high mars in their reviews.

See above. Factory reset is the only way I'd be comfortable with once my phone was compromised.

AndroidTechH3lP

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Hello.
I was bugged and very annoyed by this problem until I found some applications which also helped blokimg ads. Paid though
Some free apps/roms to there pm me I don't know rules yet so don't wanna hurt it.

:)

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
May have found the answer to at least my problem. I noticed that all these pop up ads were coming from Amazon or at least they said they were from Amazon. So I went into my Amazon app and turned off notifications. I have not seen a pop up ad since but I think I need to give it another 24 hours to see if this really fixed my problem .

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I cleared my browser history & data and the problem seems to have been solved. No apps were showing up on Norton, Malwarebytes or Adware.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
The only way I was able to get rid of pop ups when I had this problem was to delete apps off one by one. I figured if I reset the phone and then have all my backed up apps added back on that the problem would come back too (this perception may be completely wrong but it's what I thought at the time). So, rather than reset then add apps back one by one I started without the reset and keeping track (via action memo/s-note) of the apps I deleted. After a day or 2 I discovered the culprit - it wa some night vision app my husband had installed as a joke. From then on I've never had a pop up problem (since Jan 2014).

Posted via Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with your thought process. If I reset the phone and install the apps from scratch rather than from a backup and only reinstall my own data is the direction that I would go under these circumstances.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Found the culprit! Was an off/screen lock app. Ticks me off for sure because I really liked the looks of the beast and it worked great.

ViseMature Jny

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Remove pop up ads on note 4

I have issue after reseting my note8..after reset it dosent show me the new look of the tab...like need to be register with our email...instead its goes back to the wallpaper and every 2 second theres a popup content the tab info..serial no..camera code no..N/A..and so on..it only disappear when i touch the screen but after that it will come again ...whats happening? Anybody know hw to make this popup go away??please really need help

Arjun pmm

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone do me a favor and help me solve this? I am using note 3 right now, i don't know what apps in play store i have downloaded to cause this armor ads and those games apps that keep asking me to download them. The pop up carry on about every 5-10 mins, even when i am on my home screen. I tried many ways, but the problem still can't solve. Please help. This pop up is killing me. Thank you. Appreciated if anyone is able to help.

Hi
If the advertisements is on the notification bar, long press on the notification. You should be able to see a "app info" option. If you click on that, you'll be avle to pin point the application that is causing the advertisements on the notification and you can uninstall the respective app. I hope it will be of some help.

Chelle Fletch

May 6, 2015
Visit site

Hiya
Did anyone help I'm having similar problem on my android phone and need help too.

Ive got same problem on my andriod phone. Im trying to get google to stop their pop up ads but cant find way to communicate with them. I use to just get ads when my phone was idle now every 20mins doesn't matter what I'm doing. watching something; emails; gaming doesn't matter. Makes me laugh (not really) when on ebay ads comes up to joining ebay???
Can anyone help me remove them.
I've tried op out
Re-set to factory settings
After reading these not sure if viruses or really from "Google services" briefly stated on top left corner before advert appears. Google Service stays in left corner but very faint.

Last edited by a moderator:

DinzAwtani

May 8, 2015
Visit site
Use NoRoot Data Firewall app to block the data connection of the apps which are showing you the popups on your homescreen or anywhere else. Just download the app from the above link and deny the wifi and mobile data connection. thats it.. i have tested it on many ads showing apps. IT WILL WORK. ( I am Dinz Awtani - Android Engineer )

Warren Jones3

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I disabled the Photo Editor and then restarted my phone. Then I enabled it again. The pop up stopped. You must clear the Photo Editor cache be fore reboot!

Kmglb

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Remove all pop up ads & games

An app called "System" with an android icon was maliciously installed on my phone. I detected it using trend micros security app which is free with a home subscription. The trend micro app detects apps that are a security risk in any way that access your phones information. A very useful tool in determining the source of malware that is similar to many free apps on the play store. Cindy you will need to root your phone and code in an app that blocks particular IP address which you will have to determine the source as the ads you are seeing.

dreamur

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
If you have installed mp3 downloader or mp3 pro downloader or something similar, that could be the possible source of the ads.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

marleneeee

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried looking at thing all over my phone from checking setting on my phone to looking a way around it through the app store but I found nothing. What I did find though, is when u first get a Samsung u get your own folder of Google apps. In that folder there should be a Google settings application > click ADS > then it will tell you if u would like to Opt out and you switch the button on. Hopefully that should help.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74