How do I set-up Email on GG

slatyford

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have to do anything to the Gear to get email notification. Only problem I had was with txt messages and that was because I used 3rd party app and Gear only recognises stock

mrwallyy

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
It only works with the native email app. For the Gmail app, it will only tell you that there's a notification, but to read it you have to pull it up on the phone. That being said, if you set up your Gmail on your native Email app, you'll be able to read messages, but I'm sure you'll get double notifications from both apps.

Posted via Android Central App

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It only works with the native email app. For the Gmail app, it will only tell you that there's a notification, but to read it you have to pull it up on the phone. That being said, if you set up your Gmail on your native Email app, you'll be able to read messages, but I'm sure you'll get double notifications from both apps.

Posted via Android Central App

To avoid getting messages from both apps just uncheck "sync Gmail" in the Gmail settings. I have this option unchecked, but I still have calendar, Google Keep, Chrome, and all the other options checked to sync.

I use the Samsung native app for any email accounts I want to view on the Gear.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app