Audio Notifications interupting other sounds........

deejayburnout

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Peeps

While watching videos, listening to podcasts via pocketcasts, listening to music etc

When I get a email, sms or anything else that sounds one of my audio Notifications, whatever I am listening to gets stopped to play the notification.

Now correct me if I am wrong but I think my old S2 played the notification without stopping what I was listening too. Same with my old Blackberry 9900.

I thought that if I was to have the notifications on the device and the music on the SD card, it wouldnt do it.

Anyone know how to fix this if it is at all possible as its a pain in the a☆$e.

Cheers

Typed out on my Note 3 Phablet

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, this is the apps' fault, not the system (OK, yeah, also the system, but mostly the apps). For instance, if you're using Spotify and you get a notification, the music stops (strangely, it doesn't when you get a Whatsapp notification). But if you're using Play Music, the notifications play on top the music.

My 'solution' has been to set the phone to vibrate when listening to music. That way the sound doesn't get interrupted and I still get some sort of sensory notification besides the LED.