New Note 3 on it's way, what next?

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
So I've bought myself a new Note 3 (N9005?) and it should be with me tomorrow.

I've bought it mainly to work with my new car, the iPhone sucks when connected to it (can't even handsfree whilst the car is connected to 3G) so the rSAP functionality was a must.

My real question is, what next?

Any tips/advice/recommended apps/how to/don't do would be appreciated. I look forward to posting here more often with a smile on my face!

anon(8163701)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Dont worry about whats next, as long as you know how to use a pc you will do fine. im also new 1 month user of note 3, Whenever i got a hold of a new gadget i always go to setting to set up my preference. Then open apps so i know what they do. Arrange apps. Then download commonly used apps like fb twitter etc. Look for apps you know you need like evernote dropbox etc. You can browse must have apps in forums :) and google play ranking apps, youll get used to it after an hour or so . Enjoy your device and welcome to the club

Also play with your s-pen :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am a month and a half with the Note 3, and also, a newbie at smartphones period. I tell you what, I am so thrilled at this phone, that if anybody comes with something better, I am on it.. That is with droid OS.. Also, it seems like Samsung is the only one that can top it... Just like with the S4.. Samsung, IMO, was the only one that topped the S4, they did it with the Note 3. So, if an S5 or Note 4 shows up, I am on it.. In the meantime, enjoying the Note 3 big time... :D

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
One of my favourite things is using the speaker or a BT headset and being able to take notes on the phone during a call. Saves so much hassle over "let me find a pen"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Like stated above, get the phone and play around with it. Make sure to get a case and maybe a screen protector.

I know you probably don't want to cover up this beautiful phone, but some protection is needed. I have been using just a clear tpu case. I'm able to still show off the phone but have some type of barrier. I'll be getting an otterbox for rougher days. Lol.

I'm giving in and going to start looking for a screen protector. I know there have been threads that it can effect the spen, but I did scratch the screen. First time I've gone bare on a phone. It isn't really a deep one but noticeable when the screen is off. So check those threads out would be my suggestion. There are ones on cases too.

Definitely check out the threads on must have apps. My fave is obviously social apps, ebay & craigslist, launcher app (overlays touchwiz, your desktop/homescreen & app drawer), calendar app, weather app, music app. It's not that the stock apps are bad, I just prefer others ones that organize differently.

To each their own. Trial and error to find out what you like or don't like. It's so much fun! :)

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > NOW the awesome & powerful Samsung Galaxy Note 3! 😆📱😆

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have issues connecting to Mac? I only have Macs in the house!

But yea, exploring is all good, but there may be specific things I need to know before crossing over, I'm taking a list of my most used apps on iOS and there will no doubt be a droid equivalent.

EDIT: How rude I forgot to say thanks, thank you all for the advice so far.

anon(8163701)

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have issues connecting to Mac?

At first i use kies for syncing, and now im using android file transfer and uninstalled kies... i rarely use my mac for syncing. i just used it for movie transfer so that i can watch movies on the go. i still cant find a good syncing app for mac, anyone recommend a good one? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

But yea, exploring is all good, but there may be specific things I need to know before crossing over, I'm taking a list of my most used apps on iOS and there will no doubt be a droid equivalent.

I also use Android transfer on my mac. no issues, never used kies

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Most of the things I do with syncing are w wireless to the cloud. Kies can be touchy but works well whenever I use it.

Sent from my gameboy color

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Go buy a cheap digital camera. Put black tape over the piece of crap lens on the Note 3. Save yourself the frustration.

I too thought the Camera was junk for the first few weeks but then I spent a good 30 minutes making it the way I wanted it and my pictures are coming out amazing. It's not as easy as pulling an iPhone out up box and snapping a pic. The many options make for a lot of tweaking to your exact specifications

Sent from my gameboy color

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Go buy a cheap digital camera. Put black tape over the piece of crap lens on the Note 3. Save yourself the frustration.

Very good point!!
thumbup%5b1%5d.gif

I think most of us who want a serious photo will grab our DSLR.. :D

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
So....

I've had my Note 3 since Saturday and the verdict it so far............. I Love It!

The S-pen is fantastic, I expected it to be a gimmick but it is actually useful! The screen real estate is brilliant, my old iPhone 5 seems tiny in comparison.

And finally, battery life! I have been using my N3 allday (new phone excitement still not worn off) and I've had a good 10 hours worth now and still 60% left! That's incredible!

Anyway, one happy person right now!

There is one thing I'd like to do but can't find the settings, I'd love to change the lock screen font to black instead of white. I'm guessing I missed the setting but any help appreciated!

Ronnie Jordan

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
1st thing get organized set up folders for apps set up widgets this will be new and foreign coming from ios.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87