Seidio Dilex review

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This is another non official review by a non moderator here on android central. I just want to spread the word about good products incase some of you are curious about the premium cases available for your beloved Note 3. i tried to take a lot of the pictures that most websites don't show because they use just the generic style of photos.

if you like how well the pics came out its because they were taken with another Note 3 :cool:

When it comes to premium devices right now the note 3 is at the top of the list as far as hardware, specifications and especially price. With a phone that begins at the $300 mark you want it well protected and that?s where the Seidio Dilex comes into play.

Now I know what your thinking, new case name means a new technology that usually has its beginner faults but your wrong. The Dilex case is the old ?active? case with a new name.

The case itself retails for $34.95 and is available in 6 different colors to please even the pickiest of case buyers. There is also an available belt clip for you non-pocket phone users for an additional $30 or if you buy the combo you save $5 and it ends up costing you roughly $55 before taxes.

Design

? The Dilex case comes in a 2-piece design. It has an inner highly durable yet compact and lightweight polymer to absorb shock, which also has a nice smooth feel to it. The interior rubber is soft enough so that there is plenty or movement for manipulation so you don?t have to feel like your fighting a war when trying to install or remove your case. The outer layer of the rubber has thumb width indents for your fingers to make it easier to hold than one solid piece of rubber.

? The second part of the case is the exoskeleton hard plastic. Its like the bodyguard to the rubber by keeping the rubber in its place but also adding a 2nd layer of protection to the most impacted parts during a drop, the corners. The exoskeleton also does another job and that is to make it easily slide in and out of any given pocket.

? There is a lip over the camera hump, which allows you place the phone on its back without having to worry about scratching the camera hump.

? All of the ports have access to them. From the microphone to the noise canceling microphones to the IR blaster. Around the charging port they made it a bit wider to accompany the larger than normal USB 3.0 plug that comes with the device.

? The pen is also very easy to get to. They didn?t just poke a hole for the pen and say goodbye, they thought about this one. They gave an additional half circle above where the pen is so that your finger can naturally pull the pen out without having to wrestle with the case. I find it is just as easy to pull the pen out as it is while with no case on the device.

? One feature that a lot of you will be happy that still works is NFC. I can attest to it working because I took these pictures with my wife?s Note 3 and that?s how I transferred them to my phone to get them to this review.

? I haven?t found one feature that has been affected negatively by using this case which I find a win win in my book.

Kickstand

The one thing that Seidio has done with most of their newer cases is adding a kickstand and as you would expect this case has one. It is a magnetic design so when it is closed it will not accidentally open in your pocket. I have read some complaints about some cases (not Seidio) where when the kickstand is propped open the device slides across the table. With the interior rubber that Seidio uses for the Dilex the phone stays put where you place it. I was one of those people that thought I would never use the kickstand but it has come in very handy when watching Youtube videos alone and also while showing the family videos.

Call Quality

Some of the more protective cases have issues with caller not being able to hear you because of recessed microphones. I am glad to say that I have not had one complaint about a caller not being able to hear me.

Conclusion

The Dilex case is a great middle ground case with a slim design but added protection in the much needed places. I don?t exactly wear skinny jeans so with the case installed on the phone I don?t really feel a difference while the device is in pocket due to the fact that the case only adds an additional 2.2mm to the phone.

The lip over the screen is not too much and also enough so that I don?t have to worry about small things scratching the screen if I slide it off the table.

The Note 3 is an extremely light device so with that said you will feel a weight difference with the case on. On a normal phone its not that noticeable but the nature of the lighter phone makes you notice it a bit more with this case as you would with any other case.

more pics

If you would like more info about this case follow the links below for info and to purchase the case and as usual feel free to ask me any questions. I will do my best to answer them to the fullest.

Official Seidio website
SEIDIO | DILEX Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Shop android central link
Seidio DILEX Case (with kickstand) for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Android Cases

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Nice review! These kinds of reviews are so much more helpful than what you typically find on Amazon. Good pics, too.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks b. That's what I'm out to try to do to help. Some are generic and not enough pictures. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm always careful with my phone but it's ironic the day after I post this review I just dropped the phone from my work truck and it saved my phone. I have to stop doing reviews so I stop dropping phones. Haha

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I'm not too keen on the name, it sounds like a Deluxe adult toy.....

Haha well weird name or not it's still a good case. I understand the funny name though.

If it makes you feel better I can call it the active one. :p

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This case looks awful.

What don't you like about it?

My wife has a slim gel type case and it is sleek but provides protection against scratches. That's about it. It wouldn't have lasted past the fall this afternoon out of my truck

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have this case and had the Active case for my Note 2. I think it is the perfect middle ground for bulk (or lack of bulk) and protection. I also have the holster and find it to be very sturdy as well.

I also have the S-View and Hybrid Neo (Yellow) case. I like all three cases but the Dilex is by far my favorite.

Also, I think my Note3 looks great in this case. To each his own I guess.

Edit: Great review Btw, very informative and nice photos.

Posted via Android Central App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Does it work with the wireless charging back and will wireless charging still function? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I don't have a wireless charging back so I cannot honestly answer that question. Pure assumption here but if the NFC works I would imagine it's thin enough to let a charge through. With that said I remember the old powermat battery covers didn't allow you to use a case or it wouldn't charge.

Shoot over to the link I posted in the review and send them an email. Their cs is top notch.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have this case and had the Active case for my Note 2. I think it is the perfect middle ground for bulk (or lack of bulk) and protection. I also have the holster and find it to be very sturdy as well.

I also have the S-View and Hybrid Neo (Yellow) case. I like all three cases but the Dilex is by far my favorite.

Also, I think my Note3 looks great in this case. To each his own I guess.

Edit: Great review Btw, very informative and nice photos.

Posted via Android Central App

Thank you for the kind words. I try to review whatever I get for a device so it gives inquiring people more info and of course more pictures.

I was showing off the note to a customer today and before he commented on the phone he commented on how well the case felt. I gave him seidios website and I believe he purchased a case tonight for his HTC.

You can tell as soon as you grab a premium case that it is a premium case for that reason.

I was never a fan of the s view cases but that neo is one that has always caught my eye.

Sounds like we have the same taste. Haha

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Seidio has always made good stuff. I had a case from them for my old Droid Incredible--fit like a glove, excellent craftsmanship.

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this case. I had this case with my galaxy nexus and loved it so much I got it for the note 3. All the cut outs are great. it feels great and its definitely protective. The only problem people have with this case (it really dont bother me) is the fact that you can peel the front sides over a bit and it collects dust. The silicone that you can move always snaps back into place. This note3 dilex case does not collect half the dust my galaxy nexus case did. I used to always be wiping the dust off that case. I might have done it once. I got the blue backing which is a really sharp color. I put it on a white phone and the colors just look really really sharp together

This case is also on my nexus 7. I know I sound like a seidio *****, I am. I left my nexus7 outside in the pouring rain with the front cover on as well. No water damage. the silicone fit snug enough to keep the water out while the top cover did just enough to shield the rain off from direct impact. Seidio customer for life after that.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I have this case. I had this case with my galaxy nexus and loved it so much I got it for the note 3. All the cut outs are great. it feels great and its definitely protective. The only problem people have with this case (it really dont bother me) is the fact that you can peel the front sides over a bit and it collects dust. The silicone that you can move always snaps back into place. This note3 dilex case does not collect half the dust my galaxy nexus case did. I used to always be wiping the dust off that case. I might have done it once. I got the blue backing which is a really sharp color. I put it on a white phone and the colors just look really really sharp together

This case is also on my nexus 7. I know I sound like a seidio *****, I am. I left my nexus7 outside in the pouring rain with the front cover on as well. No water damage. the silicone fit snug enough to keep the water out while the top cover did just enough to shield the rain off from direct impact. Seidio customer for life after that.

Yeah I see the rubber overlay like you were saying. I end up playing with it most of the time. Just flapping it haha.

I've used seidio since my old palm 755p days. Always used their extended batteries and started using cases from them on my old blackberry 8330

crivera7836

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Quick question if u lay the phone with its back agaist a table does the kick stand shake or does it stay steady because the kickstand seems really bulky