burn-in issues?

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry if this has been on the board before. . .
Are any of you concerned about burn-in and if so what do you do about it? I know that it can be caused by leaving the phone too long in one spot, but can it also be caused by too bright a screen? I like to leave screen high most of the time when its on, but I also do not have it on all day.

Also, it seems to me that the S-View cover would lead to it because it has the time on all the time. Does it move around to prevent this? I am really concerned about screen burn-in and this is the main reason why I have not bought amoled screens before. Anyone get it on the Note 2 and if so do you think it won't happen on the N3? Thoughts please!!

jakeuten

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I don't own a Note 3 or a Note 2 but I do have experience with Amoled. I have owned a Galaxy S, S II, and now am using a S III. The reason Samsung is using PenTile matrix is to prevent things like this from happening. The blue sub pixels use more energy and leave a burn in easier than the red and green subpixels. However on all three of my phones, I use Facebook and Twitter quite often, which use a "Blue theme." I always use full brightness and have never experienced Burn in on any of my screens. If that helps there you go. :)

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
For what it is worth, the note 2 and moto x are amoled and of a traditional RGB layout. Never had issues with either.

bobsacomano

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Not too concerned here. I'm using Daydream clock at night while charging, and I haven't noticed any problems yet. I hope there isn't burn in because I love AMOLED displays and want to keep using them

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I had never seen burn in on a phone until a buddy showed me his gs3 the other day. Now I'm paranoid lol

Sent from my gameboy color

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I found the quotes were posters have told me in clear specific terms that the Note 3 will have burn in!! ??:confused:

...and the Note 3 will still have burn-in - so your point is?

Just like the above poster stated it will still have burn in. The s3 is one behind the s4. The sgs and the sgn are two totally different devices. Like saying the new ford focus is 3 behind because there is a new fusion and mustang out.
Sent from my Gameboy Color

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I found the quotes were posters have told me in clear specific terms that the Note 3 will have burn in!! ??:confused:
It can happen, but it isn't commonplace. You have a manufacturer warranty, so I wouldn't worry. If you keep the phone beyond a year and it really bothers you, get a warranty for some piece of mind. Amoled tech keeps getting better. I don't know what else to say, but saying you *will* get screen burn in isn't very evidence based, so I would pass on that witches brew lol.

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I would not think the warranty will not cover this. You can even read in the user guide that Samsung warns you about this:

• Leaving the touch screen idle for extended periods may result in afterimages
(screen burn-in) or ghosting. Turn off the touch screen when you do not use the
device. {p. 23 of user guide}

So if they have this written, then I would bet they do not cover it under warranty.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It can happen, but it isn't commonplace. You have a manufacturer warranty, so I wouldn't worry. If you keep the phone beyond a year and it really bothers you, get a warranty for some piece of mind. Amoled tech keeps getting better. I don't know what else to say, but saying you *will* get screen burn in isn't very evidence based, so I would pass on that witches brew lol.

It is not bothering me in the less little bit..I haven't heard any Note 3 users saying they have "burn in".. Samsung is using different pixels to combat it too.

BTW, my reply to those who said I would have burn in was, if it does happen, I be too busy having fun to notice... :D

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I would not think the warranty will not cover this. You can even read in the user guide that Samsung warns you about this:

• Leaving the touch screen idle for extended periods may result in afterimages
(screen burn-in) or ghosting. Turn off the touch screen when you do not use the
device. {p. 23 of user guide}

So if they have this written, then I would bet they do not cover it under warranty.

I think all of us have it so the screen shuts off in a couple minutes of non-use!!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
It is not bothering me in the less little bit..I haven't heard any Note 3 users saying they have "burn in".. Samsung is using different pixels to combat it too.

BTW, my reply to those who said I would have burn in was, if it does happen, I be too busy having fun to notice... :D

Ha ha awesome. Yeah, the galaxy series of phones has a astronomical world market share. No worries in deed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez