Anyone switching back to iPhone?

Crispykreme

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and beside the subpar speakers, it is a great phone! However all the neat features of it such as the S-pen (air command), sketchbooks and a few others I rarely use. I have also tried a variety of launchers but I always end up going back to Touchwiz. I don't plan on rooting my phones because I'm OK with my carrier.

However Google play will never be as good as itune apps. Reason being is Google does not support indies developers and despite tools that would make it easy for games to be supported on all android devices such as Corona and Unito (spell wrong), Google doesn't seem to care about the indies developer themselves. I have always assumed that Itune game apps will always be bigger than android because it started out earlier but every new game apps will come out the same time for both platform but I was wrong. Itune already have lot of exclusives that will never come to android or will come out at a much later time. When comparing the library of probably the most well known game apps company "Gameloft", there is 128 games for itune vs 47 for android, and that just one company.

Of course as of right now i have no interest in Iphone however if the Iphone 6 come out at a whopping 6 inches and has 128 gb of on board memory (taking out the need for storage space) and long lasting battery, I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 4 or stick with Android in general.

Beside the S-Pen what does Android have that Iphone don't? I think I can deal with the crappy IOS interface if it mean I can have access to all the latest and greatest games. Entertainment on the go is extremely important for me and Netflix don't cut it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMaskedMamba

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Anyone switching back to Iphone?

Different strokes for different folks. The Note and Android in general is not for everyone. Most like the idea of being able to customize their phones to suit their personal tastes using launchers and various other addons. IOS doesn't easily allow this. To some others the number size of the app catalog is important. But one thing I've learned in my 36 years of life is that quantity is not always the best, but rather the quality of the apps. But again, quality is in the eye of the beholder.

Get what makes you happy, each OS has its ups and downs.

Good luck

Sent From "The Beast"

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

I haven't thought about it. If the iPhone 6 exceeds my expectations, sure, I'll go back. If not, I'll grab the Note 4. Like you, I really miss the Apple app store too.
You're not the only one. :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Coddy85

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

No chance of me moving back without the iPhone 6 having a "WOW" factor. I've defended the iPhone so much in the past but it's starting to feel a little stale, the 5S "upgrade" being a prime example. I don't even miss the app store, I cannot think of one app that I use that isn't on the play store. Even some of my save games from iPhone were revived on my Note 3. The only thing I miss is the iCloud, especially for my media, but then, I now have ~100Gb capacity on my phone and 64Gb on my iPad, plus a wireless flash drive so I can workaround it.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site

I've had every single iPhone up to the 5S. Last month, I bought Google Glass and it didn't play too well with iOS. So, I ditched the 5S and went with a Note 3. Couldn't be happier with the Glass experience. Also, there's so much more I can do with Android and the bigger screen definitely helps. Granted an iOS version 1 of MyGlass is coming out this week (it was pulled two days ago), I will still not go back to iPhone unless the iPhone 6 later next year is compelling enough.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Have you downloaded the Amazon app store? I have literally a 100+ times more Google apps than I have iTunes Apps and I've probably spent about the same amount of money on apps for both platforms. What irritates me about Apple operating systems is how sterilized an environment it is. There's not much room for tweaking, and it's either Apple's way or the highway. If you look at Apple's commercial from 1984 (posted below for your consumption), it's hard to believe that the woman in the Hooters outfit is supposed to represent Apple.... Those people sitting in front of the display, I think those are the same people I see standing in line in front of the Apple store btw.

Although, I do wish I had a buttload of Apple stock back when this commercial first hit the airwaves......

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site

Nope. Staying with the Note 3. If you would have asked me a year ago, when I owned the S3, I would have said yes. But this Note 3 rocks. Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Holy crap. I hold my HTC titan 4.7", that I have handed down to my young daughters to play games on, and I am amazed at how small it looks. If I had to switch back to an iphone, I would need reading glasses, or a 4g enabled ipad mini with headset and a new google voice account. The iphone is way too damn small at this point. I feel I need to pull out my spen when someone hands me their iphone to look at anything I need to interact with.

TheMacs

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Cloud storage should be a non-issue as well. There are way too many options available.

Curious as well about what might be in the App Store that is not in the Play Store.

Split screen is pretty nice on the Note, use that more than I thought I would.

I too wish Sammy would have put a better (or 2nd) speaker in.

Good luck whichever way you go.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I switched back to the iPhone because I wanted to go back to using the iPhone/iPad combination again. Having an all in one device is a sexy concept to me. But it doesn't work we'll in many of the situations I find myself in. I would rather have a smaller device for on the go that is easier to handle and pocket and have a multimedia monster at home. That seems to be the best set up for me.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

nettech207

May 23, 2012
Visit site

The app store had I believe more then a 3 year head start and already had the itunes businesses model to work from. The play store is still in it's early stages and has grown leaps in bounds in the last year alone.If you didn't buy the note 3 for the s-pen features then should have went for the other large screen phones being offered. Yes the App store and apps are allot more polished but again had more time to build a app listing

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

Have you downloaded the Amazon app store? I have literally a 100+ times more Google apps than I have iTunes Apps and I've probably spent about the same amount of money on apps for both platforms. What irritates me about Apple operating systems is how sterilized an environment it is. There's not much room for tweaking, and it's either Apple's way or the highway. If you look at Apple's commercial from 1984 (posted below for your consumption), it's hard to believe that the woman in the Hooters outfit is supposed to represent Apple.... Those people sitting in front of the display, I think those are the same people I see standing in line in front of the Apple store btw.

Although, I do wish I had a buttload of Apple stock back when this commercial first hit the airwaves......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axSnW-ygU5g

Tried looking for the amazon app store...can't find it in Google play... any ideas?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I have the Note 3 and beside the subpar speakers, it is a great phone! However all the neat features of it such as the S-pen (air command), sketchbooks and a few others I rarely use. I have also tried a variety of launchers but I always end up going back to Touchwiz. I don't plan on rooting my phones because I'm OK with my carrier.

However Google play will never be as good as itune apps. Reason being is Google does not support indies developers and despite tools that would make it easy for games to be supported on all android devices such as Corona and Unito (spell wrong), Google doesn't seem to care about the indies developer themselves. I have always assumed that Itune game apps will always be bigger than android because it started out earlier but every new game apps will come out the same time for both platform but I was wrong. Itune already have lot of exclusives that will never come to android or will come out at a much later time. When comparing the library of probably the most well known game apps company "Gameloft", there is 128 games for itune vs 47 for android, and that just one company.

Of course as of right now i have no interest in Iphone however if the Iphone 6 come out at a whopping 6 inches and has 128 gb of on board memory (taking out the need for storage space) and long lasting battery, I see no reason to upgrade to the Note 4 or stick with Android in general.

Beside the S-Pen what does Android have that Iphone don't? I think I can deal with the crappy IOS interface if it mean I can have access to all the latest and greatest games. Entertainment on the go is extremely important for me and Netflix don't cut it.

iPhone 6? At 6 inches? I doubt it'll be any different, and if it is bigger than their current 4, it'll be closer to 4.5

Posted via Android Central App

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Tried looking for the amazon app store...can't find it in Google play... any ideas?

You can get it right from Amazon.com

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Go to iPhone? Nope. Not for me :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non