Anyone switching back to iPhone?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm feeling more and more that by the time the battery wears out I will no longer want the device anyways, but that's purely my failing.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

For most that's the case just not all. My buddy at work keeps his iPhones for the major upgrades (4, 5, soon 6) instead of going to the S ones. Sadly his iPhone 5 battery has been messing up for the past few months... It will die randomly anywhere from 20 or lower percent.. Just straight shut off. He is holding out till the 6 and just dealing with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For most that's the case just not all. My buddy at work keeps his iPhones for the major upgrades (4, 5, soon 6) instead of going to the S ones. Sadly his iPhone 5 battery has been messing up for the past few months... It will die randomly anywhere from 20 or lower percent.. Just straight shut off. He is holding out till the 6 and just dealing with it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

A Mophie-type case may assist him.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that I have ever had to replace a battery in my phone. But like a previous poster said, I would never keep my phone long enough to need to replace a batter unless it were a faulty battery which the warranty would cover.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd note 3. 1st one wouldn't update to kit kat. Next on did and it had do many bugs. Random reboots to screen that would dim for no reason. And I checked all the settings. Getting unknown sender in text messages etc. I love the note 3 but makes me miss my old iphone. Seems they ran smoothly and updates ran flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd note 3. 1st one wouldn't update to kit kat. Next on did and it had do many bugs. Random reboots to screen that would dim for no reason. And I checked all the settings. Getting unknown sender in text messages etc. I love the note 3 but makes me miss my old iphone. Seems they ran smoothly and updates ran flawlessly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Odd, haven't had any problems at all with mine or update and neither has my wife. Bad luck there or something wierd going on.

Posted via Android Central App

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Odd, haven't had any problems at all with mine or update and neither has my wife. Bad luck there or something wierd going on.

I wonder if the update problem is just an issue with AT&T. The T-Mobile version doesn't seem to have any of those issues.

sent from the Note 3...yeah it's specracular

Amia BooMaster

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Some of you guys are definitely getting lemons. Mine is a sprint (gasp!) one of all things and it never reboots, misses texts, etc.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

FanOfAnything

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I might switch back to the iPhone where I come from my note 3s camera shutter cannot be silent and the note 3 tends to lag crash and even stop working at times

posted from my note 3 ...

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
No way. Iphones are not for me

For example today at work. Everyone was asking the one guy who had a iPhone charger to charge their phones. With my Anker extended battery in my Note 3 my note lasted all day at work without ever changing.

It was hilarious to see everyone fighting over the one available iPhone charger.

And that's just one small reason why I'm not going back to the iPhone. I had an iPhone 5 prior by the way..

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I might switch back to the iPhone where I come from my note 3s camera shutter cannot be silent and the note 3 tends to lag crash and even stop working at times

I had the note 3 in January I traded it for a 5s and had it since I don't regret it. I love android but I just love the smoothness of iOS and now stable it is. But it was hard to get use to the smaller screen tho but you'll get use to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

I believe you can turn the shutter Sound off. And try to adjust the settings, I was having some difficulty with long processing times until I started tinkering with the settings and now the phone's camera performs very swiftly.

Sent from the Galaxy Note 3...yeah, its spectacular.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I had the note 3 in January I traded it for a 5s and had it since I don't regret it. I love android but I just love the smoothness of iOS and now stable it is. But it was hard to get use to the smaller screen tho but you'll get use to it.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure most people can make themselves get used to anything if they really want to. I use an iPhone 4s for work so I'm reminded every day why I will never get one for personal use. It is absolutely TO small for me. It's fine for work because I really don't do a lot on it. I could NEVER get the kind of functionality out of it that I get from my Note. It doesn't matter how well it runs or how great the apps are. In the end, it just can't do what I want in the way that I want it. It works well for certain things but I would never want to spend a lot of time with it doing actual work because it's just not practical for that. I totally get why my daughter likes it so much because all she does is text, talk and use the apps - none of the MANY extra things I would use a smart phone for.

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The only problems I've had with my n3 are from bad apps. Certain wall papers and such will randomly crash so any of those problem apps get uninstalled immediately.

GecnCoupe_J

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting on the iPhone 6 to drop first with the 5.5 inch screen before I make any decisions. I miss the simplicity and app store of Apple, along with iMessage and Facetime, but I also love the big screen on the Note 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress