My Note 3 just drains battery quicker than before. please help. :)

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello Im new in this forums, please be gentle. Anyway, few days ago the battery life of my note 3 was pretty good, i played games for a long time, watch 1-2 movies a day and call and text with it and still it has enough battery in the night but now i noticed that it drains battery much faster than before, i didnt download any new apps or did an update cause there's no wifi in my present area. im now sure how the sudden change. as i can remember i just disabled some apps(which i cant remember and im pretty sure they were insignificant).

Any opinion please? :) Thank you! :cool:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello Im new in this forums, please be gentle. Anyway, few days ago the battery life of my note 3 was pretty good, i played games for a long time, watch 1-2 movies a day and call and text with it and still it has enough battery in the night but now i noticed that it drains battery much faster than before, i didnt download any new apps or did an update cause there's no wifi in my present area. im now sure how the sudden change. as i can remember i just disabled some apps(which i cant remember and im pretty sure they were insignificant).

Any opinion please? :) Thank you! :cool:
Welcome to Android Central :)
Download an app called Wakelock Detector, it should tell you what the culprit is

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
thanks! :) uhm.. for starters, any tips on how to use it and what does the app do? thanks!
It tells you what's keeping your phone "awake." Most of the time that's what causes the battery drain, so if it shows Facebook for example at the top of the list, then Facebook is keeping it from going into deep sleep, causing it to drain faster

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It tells you what's keeping your phone "awake." Most of the time that's what causes the battery drain, so if it shows Facebook for example at the top of the list, then Facebook is keeping it from going into deep sleep, causing it to drain faster

I already installed the app. But i dont know how to use it. Haha. does it close apps? Please help. Im kinda of familiarizing to android again since my galaxy s2 broke a year ago. Thanks! :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't close apps. All it does is tell you which apps or processes are keeping the phone awake.
For example, something like this would mean that Facebook is keeping the phone from going to sleep. To avoid the drain, you would probably want to either delete the app or make it so that it isn't constantly reporting your location or sending you notifications
WLD.png

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I log out of my Facebook every night. It's one app that I use every day all day and it drains the battery. I hate it. I use the browser sometimes.

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

marktika

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't close apps. All it does is tell you which apps or processes are keeping the phone awake.
For example, something like this would mean that Facebook is keeping the phone from going to sleep. To avoid the drain, you would probably want to either delete the app or make it so that it isn't constantly reporting your location or sending you notifications
View attachment 98179

so its up to me what to do with the app? the just reports to me, thats it? :) still cant figure out though how to fix my problem but at least im now aware. :) BTW, when was your last software update on your Note 3?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
so its up to me what to do with the app? the just reports to me, thats it? :) still cant figure out though how to fix my problem but at least im now aware. :) BTW, when was your last software update on your Note 3?

Yeah, you still have to eliminate the issue. Post screenshots of your WLD report.
I don't have a Note 3, I have an S4...

Posted via Android Central App

robandr

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I am also having battery drain in my Note 3. The cause is a bug in Android OS that prevents the Note 3 from deep sleeping. See also the thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2546910

The only solution is to do a soft reset every time the problem starts. I also saw another forum in which they say the problem started after MJ7 update:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2579075

I have tried many things now without rooting my Note 3 but nothing fixed the issue. Maybe only the kitkat update will fix this or will cause even more problems:(

back2Dfuture

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I am also having battery drain in my Note 3. The cause is a bug in Android OS that prevents the Note 3 from deep sleeping. See also the thread:
[Q] Battery drain, No deep sleep - from Android Kernel. Note 3 - xda-developers

The only solution is to do a soft reset every time the problem starts. I also saw another forum in which they say the problem started after MJ7 update:
MAXIMIZE the Battery Life of your Note 3 (Fix to Battery Drain issue) - xda-developers

I have tried many things now without rooting my Note 3 but nothing fixed the issue. Maybe only the kitkat update will fix this or will cause even more problems:(

That's one of the reasons I will not update Android.I keep the version that came with the phone.I had the same experience with the N1.Battery life was good but with every Android update I found the phone using more power and not going into deep sleep as much.

There could also be another reason for the drop in battery life.With the Amoled display on the N3,you get more life watching movies than you would surfing the web.It depends on how you are using the phone that particular day.

robandr

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you about the different screen time depending on what your are doing, but my issue is really related to the background processes that prevent my N3 from deep sleep. When my N3 is deep sleeping properly I can easily go through 2 days with the same battery charge but when it's not deep sleeping the battery last only 1 day.
I did the update from MI7 to MJ7 3 days after purchasing my N3. I am very regretted about this. It is a always a good advice never changing in a team that is winning:(

Sent from Note 3 (N9005)