- 1 Posts
Severe Android OS kernel battery drain
I have a new Note 3 (branded by T-Mobile Czech Republic) and I'm experiencing a severe battery drain. Over 50% of battery power is sucked by "Android OS".
After 14 hrs on battery, it has used 3hrs of CPU power and kept the device awake for 10.5hrs. Gsam is more specific and says it belongs to "Kernel (Android OS)".
Restarting the phone sometimes helps and when it does, the battery time is fantastic.
- 01-08-2014, 09:10 AM #2
Re: Severe Android OS kernel battery drain
Welcome to the forums.
Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?'From one thing, you learn a thousand things.' - From the Earth Book in the Book of Five Rings
'Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today.' - James Dean
Current Devices: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)
Retired Devices: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch)
Traded Devices: Galaxy S3
Community Guidelines: Here
And also: Here
- By retired05 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 7Last Post: 02-14-2014, 04:41 AM
- By f2k8 in forum Moto GReplies: 17Last Post: 01-14-2014, 02:44 PM
- By tashauphill1994 in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 4Last Post: 01-11-2014, 05:24 PM
- By Jake_15 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 01-07-2014, 09:57 PM
- By jmklei0 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2014, 03:26 PM