Screwed something up on S-Voice!

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Played with verbal commands with S-Voice and can't seem to get rid of the phone verbally announcing each and every text mail that comes in. I like being able to verbally tell my Note what to do, but not having it shout out to me each time I have a message. Tried everything I can think of to turn it off but to no avail.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Played with verbal commands with S-Voice and can't seem to get rid of the phone verbally announcing each and every text mail that comes in. I like being able to verbally tell my Note what to do, but not having it shout out to me each time I have a message. Tried everything I can think of to turn it off but to no avail.

Any thoughts on a fix?

Welcome to the forums.
I am not sure myself, but I can ask around. Hopefully, you can get a response pretty quick.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to AC! :)
As far as I know, only driving mode allows for S-Voice to alert you when you receive texts. Check to see if it's turned on.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Turn off the "hands free mode" by pressing the shortcut button in your notification tray that looks like a steering wheel

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If it's not driving mode check your accessibility settings under device tab. Talk back may have been enabled and I believe it will read caller ID and texts. If i remember correctly.

ATT N3

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
+1 to all the above. There are only a few settings it could be and they are mentioned above.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3