Apps open when I am talking on the phone

Other Foot

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
When I put the phone to the side of my face to talk, I hear all these sounds that indicate something is going on on my phone. When I look at the phone, several apps have opened. So, I go to the mirror and check to make sure I don't have any pimples, scars or moles that inadvertently push buttons or whatever that makes these apps open all the time. My face ain't the prettiest, but I sure can't find a reason why this happens. I even turned voice control off, in case that's what was causing it. Didn't help.

Can anyone tell me what might be happening? Or is it just not possible to hold the phone to my face when speaking to a caller? It's damn irritating.

Thanks,

Jim

z06mike

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Have you turned the proximity sensor off?? Go to settings> device> call and make sure turn off screen during calls is checked!

Other Foot

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I left that unchecked when I set the phone up because I thought I wouldn't be able to hit numbers during those answering machine menu systems we all hate so much. I put a check mark in it now. If it's a problem, your ears will be ringin'. :)

dlw1967

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank You! My Mom has been complaining about that for a while now! My stepfather, Mom, & me all have the Galaxy S4. I've never had that problem and didn't know about that setting. Mine was checked and I'm able to press the numbers for the answering machine menus. My Mom & stepfather's wasn't checked so I showed them. Not only did the apps open, but they were all making noises!!!!

Angie Van Winkle

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Apps open while I am talking on my phone, the settings change and the phone gets very hot. I have the proximity sensor turned on and I am still having all of these issues. It just started a few weeks ago. Anyone else have same issues?