Note 3 or Moto Droid Maxx?

JY91

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I am coming to the end of my contract here in a week and I have done a ton of research and narrowed it down to the Moto Droid Maxx and the Note 3. I'm torn as to which to get.

Note 3
PRO: Screen, raw power, removable battery/expandable storage
CON: Overwhelming features and size

Droid Maxx
PRO: Massive battery, slimmer skin presence, faster updates, active display
CON: Closed body design, worried about it not lasting the lifetime of my contract

I like to use my device for music. Currently using an iPhone 4S and before that a Droid Eris. My 4S is a 32gb and using up about 22gb of the usable storage and I know Android phones have less usable storage. Input appreciated

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
These two phones are completely different D:
It's Apples to Oranges. All up to what you need more.
My opinion...
Note 3 might be a bit uncomfortable because it's so much bigger than the 4S. It does have a far better screen, and camera. Phone should still perform extremely well, although the OS might not be as smooth as the Maxx. Battery life is not as good as the Maxx but more than enough.
The Maxx will be bigger than the 4S but not by as much, only problem is it's heavy and thick. Screen is decent, and the camera is bad. Even your current 4S will probably take better pictures. Battery life is going to last you days :p
On the software side, it's going to be a lot better. Features you might actually want to use with the Active Display and Touchless controls. Stock Android is going to make the phone buttery smooth and get updates a lot faster than the Note 3 :)
Edit: I'd also look at the GS4 GPE. You get the best of both, downside is you have to buy it outright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress