Best launcher to use?

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
What's different on Nova to touchwiz? Sorry if this is a stupid question

Not a stupid question at all! The best reason for a different launcher is to customize your phone. There are tons of themes and icons available in the play store, but you can't use them on touchwiz, you have to have a different launcher activated on your phone. You can change the grid size (how many icons you have in each column/row), the size of the icons, have widgets overlap each other, create folders inside your app drawer, edit your dock or hide it completely, and lots of other customization options. Like many others have said, nova is just a Very smooth launcher. It has a great range of features and really allows you to tweak your phone!

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Oooo
Not a stupid question at all! The best reason for a different launcher is to customize your phone. There are tons of themes and icons available in the play store, but you can't use them on touchwiz, you have to have a different launcher activated on your phone. You can change the grid size (how many icons you have in each column/row), the size of the icons, have widgets overlap each other, create folders inside your app drawer, edit your dock or hide it completely, and lots of other customization options. Like many others have said, nova is just a Very smooth launcher. It has a great range of features and really allows you to tweak your phone!

Yeah been using it for under a day now and love the extra options. More pages is great too.

The gestures are very good too.. I've got the kit kat theme at the moment

How do you Change themes?

nismo591

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nova! I think touchwiz is a waste of screen real estate on this phone and makes it look like a child's toy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
For those wanting to try something different which launcher do you think is the best?

If you are going for something highly customizable, I have tried them all and it is Nova hands down. Nova is easy to use, the settings are easy to understand, and the amount of customization and how fluent it all is, is fantastic. If you are going for something different, or something simpler let me suggest Aviate. I just picked it up and I think I really like it. It simplifies your home screens and learns from you patterns to suggest the correct apps at the correct times and places. It is still in beta, but feels very polished. It does take some time to sit down and set up all of your app categories, but after that there is minimal managing of apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.tul.aviate&token=DvUAV0yB

If you want to give it a shot, give me a holler and I will send you a beta code.

I had a Note 2 for a while and used Nova exclusively, being able to make the app grids larger and the icons smaller made the phone feel more tablet like and used the screen real estate much more effectively.

GadgetMomma

Jan 28, 2010
jennbailey0706.wordpress.com
Oooo

Yeah been using it for under a day now and love the extra options. More pages is great too.

The gestures are very good too.. I've got the kit kat theme at the moment

How do you Change themes?

Hit your menu button and click nova settings. Go to look and feel, and from there you can change the icon theme. You can also change the wallpaper in the standard way, and when it brings up the different folders of pictures, it will have the different themes you've downloaded. You can use a wallpaper that comes with the icon theme (if it came with one), or you can choose one from a Different theme, or just use your own wallpaper with whatever icons you've chosen.
If you have a few minutes, go to the s4 forum and look at the sticky home screen thread. A lot of people have posted their awesome screens and are great to answer questions about what their setup is. It's a great way to find a style you like (the people in the note 3 screenshot forums are great too, the s4 thread has just been around longer and has more posts)

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well Nova seems to be the consensus.... I'm using it as well

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
To the OP, Nova is a great launcher as many have said, Its hard not to like Nova, try it out then try some more till you find another one you like. I change launchers every couple of days just to keep it interesting. Great thing about these devices all this is do-able. Once your launcher is set up it stays set up. Download as many as you like, keep them on your device and swap whenever you want. Keeps it interesting. Enjoy!
Next launcher has a nice 3D feature.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Hit your menu button and click nova settings. Go to look and feel, and from there you can change the icon theme. You can also change the wallpaper in the standard way, and when it brings up the different folders of pictures, it will have the different themes you've downloaded. You can use a wallpaper that comes with the icon theme (if it came with one), or you can choose one from a Different theme, or just use your own wallpaper with whatever icons you've chosen.
If you have a few minutes, go to the s4 forum and look at the sticky home screen thread. A lot of people have posted their awesome screens and are great to answer questions about what their setup is. It's a great way to find a style you like (the people in the note 3 screenshot forums are great too, the s4 thread has just been around longer and has more posts)

When I go to icon theme there are only two options. Nova and kit kat

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I just got the tsf shell during the half off sale. It's a lot of fun

sent from my galaxy note 2

anon(8373095)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I agree. I've tried many different launchers and always come back to Nova. The customization is great, and it just seems more smooth and stable than all of the other launchers I've tried.

Seriously.
Whenever I see any other launcher, I just throw up.

I'm never leaving Nova launcher till I get a Nexus phone.

:p

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Seriously.
Whenever I see any other launcher, I just throw up.

I'm never leaving Nova launcher till I get a Nexus phone.

:p

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk

I feel the same. I use ADW.EX launcher but I try them all. ALWAYS go back to adw Not that I have KitKat on my one I'm sampling the KitKat launcher.

I give all launchers a fair 1 week shake so we'll see.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

BlueOrbit

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Nova Launcher Prime is the best in my opinion. I tried the Google Experience Launcher, but found that it is a bit limited. Went back to Nova...

smccloud

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
For those using Nova, do the SPen options still work? I don't use them a lot, but I use them enough that I don't want to lose them.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that they do, even though I'm on Go Launcher. Give it a try. You can always get back to stock and delete your Launcher with no problem.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
If you are going for something highly customizable, I have tried them all and it is Nova hands down. Nova is easy to use, the settings are easy to understand, and the amount of customization and how fluent it all is, is fantastic. If you are going for something different, or something simpler let me suggest Aviate. I just picked it up and I think I really like it. It simplifies your home screens and learns from you patterns to suggest the correct apps at the correct times and places. It is still in beta, but feels very polished. It does take some time to sit down and set up all of your app categories, but after that there is minimal managing of apps.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...apps/details?id=com.tul.aviate&token=zDYH66im

If you want to give it a shot, give me a holler and I will send you a beta code.

I had a Note 2 for a while and used Nova exclusively, being able to make the app grids larger and the icons smaller made the phone feel more tablet like and used the screen real estate much more effectively.

Plz send me the code, I'd love to try it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty