Not getting any notification at all on my Note 3

Ahmed Hesham

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I am so close to sending this phone back since this is the 3rd time I post something about it, but this time it seems serious. So I got my Note 3 last month and yes was working well other than some minor things I managed to fix, but then something weird happened, but I am not getting any sort of notifications from anything at all (Gmail, messaging, hangouts, whatsapp, snapchat, kik, etc.). The phone was working fine up until yesterday, and then this morning I started to realize this, though I was at uni and I thought must be the horrible net, and then I get home and I notice I am not getting any notification from anything, in fact I have to open the app to be able to know what I got. I did a normal reboot and nothing, I cleared cache partition, again nothing... though after cache partition I'd get notifications from whatsapp but then again it stopped. So I did a hard reset, and guess what? still the same exact problem, not getting a notification on anything at all unless I open the application. The only application that still sends me notifications is BBM, that is it. My phone is on the 4.4.2 update, it was OTA update, but I havent had any problems since it got update until this happened. I really have no idea what is going on, I tried googling the problem and got nothing, I really hope someone would be able to help me and make me understand what is going on. If there is any other information that is needed, I am ready to present them. Hope I get a reply asap, thank you in advance.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I am so close to sending this phone back since this is the 3rd time I post something about it, but this time it seems serious. So I got my Note 3 last month and yes was working well other than some minor things I managed to fix, but then something weird happened, but I am not getting any sort of notifications from anything at all (Gmail, messaging, hangouts, whatsapp, snapchat, kik, etc.). The phone was working fine up until yesterday, and then this morning I started to realize this, though I was at uni and I thought must be the horrible net, and then I get home and I notice I am not getting any notification from anything, in fact I have to open the app to be able to know what I got. I did a normal reboot and nothing, I cleared cache partition, again nothing... though after cache partition I'd get notifications from whatsapp but then again it stopped. So I did a hard reset, and guess what? still the same exact problem, not getting a notification on anything at all unless I open the application. The only application that still sends me notifications is BBM, that is it. My phone is on the 4.4.2 update, it was OTA update, but I havent had any problems since it got update until this happened. I really have no idea what is going on, I tried googling the problem and got nothing, I really hope someone would be able to help me and make me understand what is going on. If there is any other information that is needed, I am ready to present them. Hope I get a reply asap, thank you in advance.

Have you actually tried calling tech support for your carrier? Seriously. Why make yourself crazy when you can just pick up the phone. Every now and then, they actually do manage to solve your problem.

Ahmed Hesham

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Well where I stay, I do not get it from a carrier.... I got the phone from a store, I wish it was as easy. I am pretty sure I cant call up the store and ask them whats up, they do not have a tech support.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
have you gone into the apps and hit the menu button on the bottom left? I know there is one in the general for messages, and in email there is settings for notifications. I dont use your other listed apps, but I would assume each one has a setting for notifications. If those are all checked, then I am clueless since I am on 4.3 not kitkat.

Ahmed Hesham

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Well just an update, I have done another factory reset and everything seems to be working fine, its been like 10 hours now and I am getting notifications from various apps, though sometimes its a bit late, but I think that may be the net. I am going to see how it goes again today, and if something goes wrong again I will have to take it to the Samsung Service Center.