Note 3: Faux Leather Back

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

I am curious to what peoples thoughts are on the Note 3's faux leather back?

Initially I was a bit hesitant expecting it to be too hard and tacky looking, however upon opening my Note 3 I instantly fell in love with the faux leather back.

It has an almost soft but solid feel to it and it makes holding the phone comfortable with a premium feel, this has to be one of Samsung's best design features on a smartphone.

What is everyone else's thoughts and experience?

Last edited by a moderator:

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Faux Leather Back

Completely agree with you OP. Makes for a great comfortable feeling. Also adds to the design features of the phone.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The Note 3 has definitly turned my head on quite a few occassions. GOOD looking device ...IMHO

LimuHead

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

Definitely love the un-slippiness & look of the G3's back plate. And it is not a fingerprint magnet!

Posted via Android Central App

anon8488674

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I too like the new leather like back on the black Note 3 but for some reason the white version is more like hard plastic! It doesn't have the soft feel of the black back.

Via my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site

Hi Everyone.

I am curious to what peoples thoughts are on the Note 3's faux leather back?

Initially I was a bit hesitant expecting it to be too hard and tacky looking, however upon opening my Note 3 I instantly fell in love with the faux leather back.

It has an almost soft but solid feel to it and it makes holding the phone comfortable with a premium feel, this has to be one of Samsung's best design features on a smartphone.

What is everyone else's thoughts and experience?

Kind of odd how a lot of reviews poke fun at the back and even criticize it yet many actual users like it. Just goes to show that critics will always try and find something to knock about whatever it is they're reviewing. The same thing applies to the plastic construction. Does plastic necessarily = cheap? Maybe to make but I like the feel of the Note 3 just fine and I too am a fan of the back. It feels pretty nice to me. I don't think I've even seen a white one to check out the back on but I'll be sure to check that out if I do.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Some people complain "it's plastic" or they want to hide what carrier they are with and stuff like that but I like the faux leather look...even though mine is covered with a completely clear transparent tpu case...I didn't mind the look and feel when it was "naked"

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

T mobile has the leather back and it's soft. Real nice. :D
Mine is the plastic. It's alright I do prefer the leather one I saw!!
I agree that at least it's doesn't show fingerprints!

Sent From My Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

Solrighal

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

I liked it so much I immediately felt the need to preserve it with an Otterbox Commuter.

Sent from my SM-N9005

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I like it a lot. At first I thought it was going to be tacky, but when I got the phone I liked it. It gives the phone a more premium look and it feels better in the hand.

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I have no real problems with it. Being textured, I think it feels a bit nicer than the smooth plastic backs of previous phones I've had. I actually use a Samsung S View cover now, and it has basically the same kind of feel. The edges can be a little hard if the press against softer skin, so I try to avoid doing that, but overall it's fine, too.

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I'm also a fan. I think it gives it a more premium look and feel. It goes great with this phone. Im not however a fan of the S5's new "dimpled" back.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

Back cover is not bad, Commuter is what I have on mine too. Same case model for my Note 2.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer