SanDisk 128 gb micro SD anyone?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the SanDisk 64gb, but I'm sooooo tempted to get the 128gb. Not sure if I need that much storage space though, I still have approx 25gb left on my 64gb. From what I've read on the forums the Note3 can handle the 128gb, but maybe a call to Samsung might verify this more accuratly

brex

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
on my note 2 and s4 I used to just cut a small slit in the backplate and run the adapter through, and then cover with a generic tpu case.

But I've gotten a little paranoid about it breaking when I got my note 3, so now I use an extended battery cover (sans extended batterry) so the sd card is better protected. Works great

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I know the ebay cheapie SD cards often have a bad rep here, but I'm seeing a ton of 128 / class 10 over there rather cheap. $59

Has anyone tried stuff like this:

New 128GB Class 10 microSDHC TF Memory Card MicroSD Free Shipping USA Seller | eBay

I wouldn't take the risk. Too many fakes out there. They might actually be smaller sized cards modified to look larger.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't take the risk. Too many fakes out there. They might actually be smaller sized cards modified to look larger.

Agreed in general... I'm all too wary as well. The "too good to be true" theory. ;) I was hoping someone had specific experience having actually tried it. Absent that, I'm not biting. There certainly do seem to be a sudden rash of these Chinese cards from different sellers with good feedback ratings---not to say that's a foolproof indicator, either.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Agreed in general... I'm all too wary as well. The "too good to be true" theory. ;) I was hoping someone had specific experience having actually tried it. Absent that, I'm not biting. There certainly do seem to be a sudden rash of these Chinese cards from different sellers with good feedback ratings---not to say that's a foolproof indicator, either.

Small number of good ratings can easily be faked. Also, these cards could be real 32gb cards or whatever, and they could be banking that people won't try to fill it up anytime soon. Those that have a problem they will just apologize and give a full refund.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I know the ebay cheapie SD cards often have a bad rep here, but I'm seeing a ton of 128 / class 10 over there rather cheap. $59

Has anyone tried stuff like this:

New 128GB Class 10 microSDHC TF Memory Card MicroSD Free Shipping USA Seller | eBay

I've heard about some corrupt officials in China that would allow people to illegally mass produce bootleg versions of legitimate products after hours at some manufacturing sites. Not that I would trust the product any more.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea. Several things don't look right there.
First it is labeled as SDHC. SDHC is limited to 32GB. Then they try to make some correlation between SDHC and how the card is formatted. That is a completely bogus relationship. FAT32 has no relationship with the sd card tech being used.

The last thing in the description is a reference to something with ready boost being preloaded. Ready boost is a Windows tech that uses a flash drive to speed up your computer.

Avoid like the plague

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Yea. Several things don't look right there.
First it is labeled as SDHC. SDHC is limited to 32GB. Then they try to make some correlation between SDHC and how the card is formatted. That is a completely bogus relationship. FAT32 has no relationship with the sd card tech being used.

The last thing in the description is a reference to something with ready boost being preloaded. Ready boost is a Windows tech that uses a flash drive to speed up your computer.

Avoid like the plague

I thought the formatting reference was regarding compatibility in phones. There have been many references here to formatting issues and cards.

However, I missed that "ready boost" issue. That is both confusing and potentially troubling.

Well, it was hoping against hope, I think I'll pass.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I thought the formatting reference was regarding compatibility in phones. There have been many references here to formatting issues and cards.

My concern is the correlation with FAT32 and SDHC. No correlation at all.

Any card can be formatted FAT32. Most new cards come formatted as evFAT now because FAT32 is limited to max file size of 4GB.

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to get this but I just updated my phone to 4.4. Should I take the plunge anyway?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm tempted to get this but I just updated my phone to 4.4. Should I take the plunge anyway?

It depends how you use your card. I store audiobooks (Listen Audiobook Player), eBooks (Calibre Companion, Moon+Reader Pro), Podcasts (Beyondpod), and Videos (Built-in Video Player). All of the listed apps have been updated as necessary to support the 4.4 SD Card restrictions.

If your apps have been updated you should be fine.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I just ordered the SanDisk 128 gb from Amazon. It should be coming in a few days

I currently have the 64 gb card. And it's already full. But I do store alot of my music, movies, books, magazines etc on it 😊

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered the SanDisk 128 gb from Amazon. It should be coming in a few days

I currently have the 64 gb card. And it's already full. But I do store alot of my music, movies, books, magazines etc on it ������

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Me, too. In fact, I came pretty close to filling the card, just by reripping existing MP3s at high quality VBRs instead of the 160 I had been doing to save space.

You know, when you consider the size of modern media (DVD--4+ gb), HD videos that phone cameras can take (10 minute vid takes up about 1.5gb), then add the stuff you want to keep always on it, suddenly 128gb doesn't sound so big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38