Note 3: The battery life is the best I have seen from my experience

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I have had the s2 skyrocket, s3,s4 and nexus 5 and by far this phone has the best battery life out there. 7 hours off the charger and still 67% battery life. I was considering going back to iPhone because for me the battery was always better compared to my previous phones but now I don't have to since this thing lasts forever

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: The battery life is the best I have seen from my experience

If it lasts you a day or more then it's what you want...

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

With moderate use, this thing last 3 days on a charge.

Just be sure to keep an eye on the battery drain big whenever happens and fix it promptly.

@T-Mobile GN3

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site

Completely agree. The Note 3 has got outstanding battery life. I can easily go the whole day on heavy usage and not have a worry in the world!
They were smart when they made this battery 3200 mah

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had the s2 skyrocket, s3,s4 and nexus 5 and by far this phone has the best battery life out there. 7 hours off the charger and still 67% battery life. I was considering going back to iPhone because for me the battery was always better compared to my previous phones but now I don't have to since this thing lasts forever

Im surprised you had bad battery life with your Nexus 5.
I have the Note 3, HTC One M7 and Nexus 5 (sold yesterday) when using all of them i found the Nexus 5 and Note 3 had excellent battery life. But from what i have read that can be largely attributed to the SnapDragon 800 processors. They are a lot more energy efficient.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I would be lucky to get about 10-15% at 9-10 hours with me turning on airplane mode on the nexus 5 for about 4-5 hours as well. Mind you I also like brightness on around 85%. My galaxy note 3 is about 10 hours with LTE on and 85% brightness and only 71% battery life left

yzabyqu4.jpg

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
With super heavy use, it lasts easily all day with a little leftover. Moderate use, 2 to 3 days. And it charges at record speed, which I really like.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How do you define super heavy use? How many hours screen on time at what brightness?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
My Verizon Note3 (JellyBean OS), by far has the BEST battery life of ALL my previous cell/smatrphones. I was really suprised considering the HUGE screen size.....I'm HAPPY (Minon song)

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine is about 6 months old and the battery life has been great. HOWEVER, the last 2 days, something is sucking it dry. I haven't done anything differently. I haven't downloaded anything, changed settings or used it more. It's barely lasting 12 hours. Any suggestions as to where to look? Something must have updated, but I can't imagine what.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine is about 6 months old and the battery life has been great. HOWEVER, the last 2 days, something is sucking it dry. I haven't done anything differently. I haven't downloaded anything, changed settings or used it more. It's barely lasting 12 hours. Any suggestions as to where to look? Something must have updated, but I can't imagine what.

Kitkat?

Anyway, try wiping the cache

@T-Mobile GN3

swisstrader

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
"Going back to iPhone because the battery was always better"??

Has to be the first post ever to talk about good battery life on an iPhone

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
How do you define super heavy use? How many hours screen on time at what brightness?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

60% brightness and for the first 3 months, I used it for everything because my iPad was busted and the Note Pro LTE wasn't out yet, so I did everything with it: homework assignments, client invoicing, job bids, emails, text messaging, calls, even camera use and Internet surfing.
Granted, I took it down to barely 3% battery but it gave me a full day of work without any interruptions.
now I do my work mostly from my note pro so my phone only needs charging every other day, sometimes it goes for 3 days, depending.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
60% brightness and for the first 3 months, I used it for everything because my iPad was busted and the Note Pro LTE wasn't out yet, so I did everything with it: homework assignments, client invoicing, job bids, emails, text messaging, calls, even camera use and Internet surfing.
Granted, I took it down to barely 3% battery but it gave me a full day of work without any interruptions.
now I do my work mostly from my note pro so my phone only needs charging every other day, sometimes it goes for 3 days, depending.

Note pro is worth 700 dollars (wifi) version or get the note 10.1 for 550 ? Thinking of selling my iPad Air

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Note pro is worth 700 dollars (wifi) version or get the note 10.1 for 550 ? Thinking of selling my iPad Air

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a Note 10.1 briefly in 2012, but it didn't meet my needs, it was too buggy, not enough storage and I had a lot of issues with the S pen. I ended up exchanging it for an iPad which I was somewhat satisfied with at the time.
Now I have the Note Pro LTE, 32 GB on board and a 64 GB card in, and I'm really happy with it.
It's a huge learning curve, I'm still learning, lol, but I love it.
I do charge it once a day but again, since I no longer use a laptop, it gets heavy use and it hasn't crapped out on me yet.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 10.1 briefly in 2012, but it didn't meet my needs, it was too buggy, not enough storage and I had a lot of issues with the S pen. I ended up exchanging it for an iPad which I was somewhat satisfied with at the time.
Now I have the Note Pro LTE, 32 GB on board and a 64 GB card in, and I'm really happy with it.
It's a huge learning curve, I'm still learning, lol, but I love it.
I do charge it once a day but again, since I no longer use a laptop, it gets heavy use and it hasn't crapped out on me yet.

I'm talking about the 2014 edition of the 10.1 btw the one they released with the note 3

Evilguppy

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm talking about the 2014 edition of the 10.1 btw the one they released with the note 3

Ah ok. I don't know that one but I remember reading it was wifi only which doesn't work for me. I'm on the move constantly and I need LTE.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok. I don't know that one but I remember reading it was wifi only which doesn't work for me. I'm on the move constantly and I need LTE.

I have t-mobile and unlimited data and 3 gb data of tethering so I can use my phone connection for data with my wife model. Plus I don't feel the need to pay extra for it