Issue with call log screen

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone
I have a note 3 running 4.3 on AT&T. Recently, most of the time I unlock my phone, the call log screen comes up. Sometimes in the middle of doing whatever I'm doing it will also randomly pop up.
I did recently get a gear neo, and I noticed it started around the same time, but doubt it's related.
Any idea what I did and how to fix this?
Thanks

Steamrunner2

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
That's exactly what's happened to me, starting two days ago. I'm running 4.4.2 on an unlocked Note3 in the UK (I.e. Not bought from a carrier; it's not rooted). I also have a Neo, and the issue started a few days after I set up the neo with the note.

This is my first Android phone so I'm still trying to find my way around!

Anyone else?

Steamrunner2

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
This isn't about a feature we'd like to have, this is about an issue with the OS.

Editionfws, I've managed to fix the issue (as far as I can see) on my phone, so hopefully this will help you too. I noticed that it was happening when I was rotating the phone from landscape to portrait - but not in every app. Certainly in Play Music, Play Store and a few others it happened - every time I looked at something with the phone held sideways and then rotated it upright, the call log screen would come up.
Eventually I narrowed it down to the "Motions" setting (Settings > Controls > Motions) - turning off all the Motions seems to have fixed it. If you have any of the Motions options turned on, try turning them off and see if that helps. I don't see myself using any of them so it doesn't matter to me (the only one I might use is the "Call contact on screen" one, but that's never worked anyway).

I hadn't changed any of those settings since getting the phone, so I have no idea why it suddenly started behaving like that, but it seems to be the cause.

Hope it helps you!

Oskar Stern

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks a lot for the tip. I've been having the same issue. Hope it works. The only good motion feature I enjoy is the one witch alerts you of missed calls and notifications by just picking up the phone with a small vibration. Let's see if I can keep this running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress