Question about a thing that really bothers me

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
With all those settings off you shouldn't be seeing the the pop up of apps this only happens with pulldown notifications panel?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok I see what's going on your long pressing the notification in your pull down and it drags it into pop view ,go to that app your long pressing and long press it from home screen or app drawer >tap info>notifications>turn off pop up in notifications types like in my screen shot don't let it be highlighted Screenshot_20230813_002532_Settings.jpg

Reactions: tismydroid

Lexera_Knight

Aug 12, 2023
Visit site
With all those settings off you shouldn't be seeing the the pop up of apps this only happens with pulldown notifications panel?
It'll happen if a notification happens to pop up at the same time I'm trying to pull down the menu. Honestly we may not have solved the problem but I feel better knowing I've done everything I can to stop it at least. Maybe I'll just cave and take it to Verizon and see what they can do. I've tried turning it off and on. I've tried restarting it. Who knows at this point

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It'll happen if a notification happens to pop up at the same time I'm trying to pull down the menu. Honestly we may not have solved the problem but I feel better knowing I've done everything I can to stop it at least. Maybe I'll just cave and take it to Verizon and see what they can do. I've tried turning it off and on. I've tried restarting it. Who knows at this point
That's one drawback to a Samsung phone... tons of options buried in menu after menu 😲

Maybe try a pixel for your next phone... they're a little easier to work with if you don't want the tidal wave of options Samsungs come with 😉

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's one drawback to a Samsung phone... tons of options buried in menu after menu

Maybe try a pixel for your next phone... they're a little easier to work with if you don't want the tidal wave of options Samsungs come with
There is no way to stop that action as you can do this on the pixel from notification panel, it's a function that seems to be part of Android.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
There is no way to stop that action as you can do this on the pixel from notification panel, it's a function that seems to be part of Android.
Yeah I realized as I was typing that, that it's the same on my pixel. I figured from the frustrated sound of the OP that they might be a little overwhelmed with the phone settings in general (kinda reminded me of my wife 😁), and thought maybe suggesting a slightly simpler phone might help.

That's actually the same reason my wife likes Moto's or pixels, she's used to them and likes vanilla Android. You should've seen the look I got when I told her I picked us both up new Samsungs for a change... I was joking but she wasn't laughing 😲😜😂

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien