What Launchers are you guys using?

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for nova launcher. Love gestures so to pull the notification bar down I can swipe downwards anywhere on the screen rather than reaching the top and can swipe up to launch Google now.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Well, I decided to give google now launcher a try:-\ kind of boring.. On the other hand all the gestures seem to be working (including the "ok google" from the home screen...

Sent from Portland Oregon using my Samsung galaxy s5 on Verizon

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As of today I have Nova Prime($4.00, updated Aug 17, 2013) and Next Launcher 3D Shell($16.99, updated May 14, 2014) as well as some of the other popular launchers for 2014. If money is tight and you can live without some of the features, widgets, not interested in a 3D User Interface then Nova will probably be good enough.

Next 3D Shell is the Cadillac of Launchers right now and as you can see it comes with a Cadillac price but as a power user it is worth the extra money because I depend on the Calendar, ToDo List and other PIM widgets so much.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Nova has the ability to allow switching from it to Touchwiz, does such a exist with Lucid? Also, what benefits exist with the pay version?

Via my Note 3

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Nova has the ability to allow switching from it to Touchwiz, does such a exist with Lucid? Also, what benefits exist with the pay version?

Via my Note 3

I use twisted home manager when I want to switch launchers I have about 5 of them installed. The extra features of the pro version are
e6asezy9.jpg

Use the free version if you like it and want the extra features buy the pro. If you don't like it just uninstall it.

sent from my galaxy note 2

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Kit kat has a built in home switcher for people with multiple launchers. In settings under the general tab, choose default applications. Of course you can use apps to do it too but that is an easy way to switch launchers without any extra apps.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Are any TouchWiz features like Message Notifications on Lock Screen, for example, lost by going with something like Nova?

Not really liking the 4x4 layout that comes withTouchWiz.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are any TouchWiz features like Message Notifications on Lock Screen, for example, lost by going with something like Nova?

Not really liking the 4x4 layout that comes withTouchWiz.

I have the paid version of Nova and it shows messages on lock screen. I know the free version of Nova and many other launchers will not include some features like unread count on widgets but the paid versions do. I have not found anything I cannot do with Nova Prime that I can do with TouchWiz (not saying there isn't anything but I haven't personally come across it). There are on the other hand many things I can do with Nova that I can't do with TouchWiz.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Nice. I've used Nova in the past and am a fan, just not tried it yet with 4.3 or 4.4. Will give it try tonight.

Ro Klei

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, sorry for joining discussion late but just have a question... I do not want to root my phone...which launchers can I use? Have recently downloaded Solo but have yet to activate it...after reading all posts will try out nova also...

Posted via Android Central App

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi, sorry for joining discussion late but just have a question... I do not want to root my phone...which launchers can I use? Have recently downloaded Solo but have yet to activate it...after reading all posts will try out nova also...

You don't need to root to use launchers.

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
You don't need to root to use launchers.

Is there a way to get the action memo widget to show on nova? I've been playing around (on nova) and I see an option for s-note but not the memo. I use the memo widget a lot throughout the day.

Sarks.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get the action memo widget to show on nova? I've been playing around (on nova) and I see an option for s-note but not the memo. I use the memo widget a lot throughout the day.

Sarks.

Not the actual widget that I'm aware of. You can place a shortcut to it on your home screen or assign a gesture command to open the app or press the pen button for it or set action memo to open when you remove the pen. But for the widget i think you need to use touchwiz.

Ro Klei

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, dunno how to copy and paste previous posts but thank you kindly for info about not having to root to use launchers... Much obliged :) may check some out this avo...and I assume, if I don't like it, I can just delete and it'll revert back to normal touchwiz...

Well, activated solo, the other day...very nice, of course now am fidling with phone yet again ( will go blind ) but the fact that I can hide the notification bar at the top...genius...tried nova but...I dunno...felt a little odd and confused my tiny little mind after solo was already running...and also love that I can have / use differently themed widgets...

Last edited: