Every other day reminder software

MichaelJames9999

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Im looking for an Android app that will remind me to take my medications ***every other day****. The every other day is the part that I am having trouble with.
There are lots of software that you can do Monday, Weds, Friday.. or Tuesday Thursday, Saturday.. but every other day is the trick so I dont miss a day each week.

Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Tasks can do this. I have it set up to remind me to give my cat's medication every other day at 9 PM.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung S21 Ultra
The calender says frequency of reminder is Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. Does not say every other day or every 2 days as options
Set your calendar every other day so calendar starts Monday so set Wednesday then set Friday then Sunday example but another option is reminder app on Samsung and modes and routines in settings, few ways Samsung has

MichaelJames9999

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Set your calendar every other day so calendar starts Monday so set Wednesday then set Friday then Sunday example but another option is reminder app on Samsung and modes and routines in settings, few ways Samsung has
I dont think the above works. I need an alarm for every other day. The method above has Sunday and Monday next to each other and that would be every other day/every 2 days

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
unfortunately. Google tasks doesnt provide an alarm. I need something that pops up with loud alarm
You can always customize the notification. Tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Notifications, then tap the words "Timed tasks" (not the toggle). Then tap Sound, and choose a different sound that's louder for you. You can also use your own sound under "My Sounds."

I'm not sure if you can make it a fullscreen notification when it shows up. It defaults as a banner notification at the top of the screen -- is that not enough?

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
Samsung S21 Ultra
The calender says frequency of reminder is Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly. Does not say every other day or every 2 days as options
I also have an S21 Ultra and I use Google calendar. There is an option for notifying you on whatever day(s) of the week to be reminded of something if you select the Custom recurrence option from the notification reminder list.

Screenshot_20231123_233019_Calendar.jpgScreenshot_20231123_232611_Calendar.jpg

MichaelJames9999

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I also have an S21 Ultra and I use Google calendar. There is an option for notifying you on whatever day(s) of the week to be reminded of something if you select the Custom recurrence option from the notification reminder list.

View attachment 357763View attachment 357764
But that doesnt work right? since I need every other day and you would still have Saturday and Sunday .. thqt wouldnt be every other day/every 2 days

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You can always customize the notification. Tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Notifications, then tap the words "Timed tasks" (not the toggle). Then tap Sound, and choose a different sound that's louder for you. You can also use your own sound under "My Sounds."

I'm not sure if you can make it a fullscreen notification when it shows up. It defaults as a banner notification at the top of the screen -- is that not enough?
Just quoting Diddy's post in case you missed it.

Reactions: B. Diddy

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
In Samsung calendar (not Google calendar) you can choose to repeat every 2 days. Select "every _ days" and change the value to "2"
7d3bb06d266f9513ae6281ad04303f75.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards