Nova and home button

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why this has become an issue as of late, but when I press the Home button, it usually takes two presses to get back to the default page, if the page I was in wasn't the default page. From within an app, one press takes me back to the desktop, but only to the screen I was in before entering that app.

My desktop spans 3 pages...and I have page two set as the default page. I want to be able to press the home button once to get to the default page. That doesn't seem to work. I have played with all the settings in Nova, all to no avail. I have not even seen an update in Nova in a very long time...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why this has become an issue as of late, but when I press the Home button, it usually takes two presses to get back to the default page, if the page I was in wasn't the default page. From within an app, one press takes me back to the desktop, but only to the screen I was in before entering that app.

My desktop spans 3 pages...and I have page two set as the default page. I want to be able to press the home button once to get to the default page. That doesn't seem to work. I have played with all the settings in Nova, all to no avail. I have not even seen an update in Nova in a very long time...

Edit: Nevermind, dumb question.

Might SVoice have something to do with it?

GreyLike

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey I know you tried all the setting but still if you could check :
Nova Setting --> Gestures and Buttons --> Only on Default Screen

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
My nova launcher does this also if within an app and tap home button I have to hit it it twice to get back to home no matter what I have tried...therefore, I installed SWIPE HOME, and set it to got to number of the page I call my home screen...I also have SWIPE PAD set up the same way. I don't like that button at all and have alway had to hit it twice to get home from within an app. Swipe up comes in handy and you can set the zone and sensitivity. If you are a tap typer and not a swyper you may want to set the swipe for some thing off the space bar area as it overlaps that...I swipe so not much of a problem. Hope you find what works but it has never worked for me that's why I resorted to the previous.
Maybe shoot an email to developer and they can fix...I still don't like the button and will stick to what I have tho.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
My nova launcher does this also if within an app and tap home button I have to hit it it twice to get back to home no matter what I have tried...therefore, I installed SWIPE HOME, and set it to got to number of the page I call my home screen...I also have SWIPE PAD set up the same way. I don't like that button at all and have alway had to hit it twice to get home from within an app. Swipe up comes in handy and you can set the zone and sensitivity. If you are a tap typer and not a swyper you may want to set the swipe for some thing off the space bar area as it overlaps that...I swipe so not much of a problem. Hope you find what works but it has never worked for me that's why I resorted to the previous.
Maybe shoot an email to developer and they can fix...I still don't like the button and will stick to what I have tho.
That's what I am doing as well to avoid the issue - sucks though. I find that Nova has a lot of thing like this that don't work correctly, like their gestures as well.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Just tried Go Launcher, but it has an issue where many of the pre-installed widgets don't show up, so I removed it...